Which gen were u more excited with?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Feb 26, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I was more excited when I got the first generation despite all the internet "edge is soooo bad" comments and bad "first run" rep iPhone got when people used other crappy phones that happened to have 3g also.

I picked up the iPhone 3G on launch day, and I've had it swapped a few times for technical issues. Irrelevant though, I had my original iPhone swapped many times due to being nitpicky. I care a lot less about iPhones being PERFECT in every conceivable way. I see two of the same model and I think one build is preferred to the other but who really knows? I LOVE 3G and it's hard to go back to EDGE only (looking at those people comments might have been valid but still... iPhone gen 1 was great imo and UNDERRATED in some sense)

but I was more excited with iphone gen 1 compared to 3g. what are your thoughts? 3rd gen better not be same CPU/screen/etc essentially, not a re-hash, but a revamp. I think iPod nano 3rd gen stepped up the bar compared to 1st and 2nd gen (I didnt like the squareness, but UI and screenwise).

I CAN'T WAIT FOR 3rd gen though. I'm still going to stick with iPhone 3G and nothing else.

also, i don't like the 2 year activation required on the spot. it makes iphone seem like any other phone with at&t box branding all over it, which it isn't. i've stuck with at&t/cingular for a few years now. its like, do you want to be there while i'm taking a whiz too? Activation on the spot, especially in apple stores (did that on launch day), is awkward. i liked spending $$$ on the iPhone and taking care of business at home. It was a a cooler set up!

it's like, i've been on at&t and will continue to. if i have zero interest in at&t and am financially tied to another company, i will get it unlocked. so people who are with at&t are staying with it.

also it's weird iphone has swooped to wal mart level. everyone and their mother has iphone 3g, and it wasn't like that with the first generation ever. even now, they are comparitively rarer (but still the market is more flooded with them now).

2. Tragedies macrumors 6502

For me ti was the first generation EDGE iPhone. sure, it wasn't the fastest, but it was revolutionary nonetheless, and the iPhone 3G was built off it.

3. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

3G mainly because it was the one I bought.

I'm pumped for the next gen as well; I hope it's more than just a memory boost. It should be.

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

5. dwcliff macrumors newbie

dwcliff

I wouldn't even consider the 1st gen iPhone because of the slow network. Didn't hesitate to buy the 3G and have loved it. I really don't know what they could add to the next generation device to make me want to switch.

6. fr33 loader macrumors regular

There better be a major hardware upgrade, not just tad faster 3G and memory bumps, otherwise I'm sticking to my 1st gen iPhone. And no, I don't care if the phone is sold in dollar stores and everybody in the world has one. I care more about its function necessary for my needs than its elitism appeal.

7. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

for me i was more excited about the 1st gen iphone because i thought i was gonna get it. alas i still dont have a iphone

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The first one. The iPhone 3G didn't really have any upgrades that weren't expected from the announcement of the iPhone. I'm still using an EDGE phone. Sure, the speed is slow, but paying $20 instead of $30 per month is VERY NICE and I don't usually need that much speed. The main reason I want to upgrade is for storage capacity, not 3G.

9. nusynergy macrumors regular

I was more excited about the 1st. and i still prefer the look of the 1st gen. Love the metal back.

10. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I was also more excited about the first one but in my opinion the back was so ugly! The whole top silver and bottom black is terrible! yuckkkkkkkk