Which (half created site) do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by EvanLugh, Jul 28, 2008.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I can't choose, I think 1) is more professional although 2 is more casual.. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to code both when I get back from an meeting to see how they look and feel.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

What's going to be the purpose of the page? The first one mentioned being a freelance web developer, but the second doesn't mention anything. So it kind of depends on what you're "selling." Overall though the first one sits with me a little better, but I don't really have anything against the second one.

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The first one. The background of the second one puts me off, as does the pink About text and the slightly green g in the title. Seems to clash with the wood effect background.

4. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

The first one.... Ultra elegant and perfect for the job you'll be doing!:D

But then the second one also seems to attract attention! But it drains away... the first one it is!

5. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Number one without a doubt, sleek and elegant I really like it. (Optima Font??)

Number two (hehehe) reminds me of ikea for some reason....

6. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I would take away the fake dictionary entry part. It really doesn't add any value, the explanation has no word synthesis or definition elements/feel, and it is becoming a pretty over-used device that instantly cheepens the design when not used appropriately or tastefully.

I agree about using the first one. I would tweak some stuff, like how the right edge is off by about 2 pixels but the left edge is flush. Also, your border is sometimes too wide at about 2 pixels, and then looks good on the right and bottom borders where you went to a 1 pixel border. Consistency in the details counts.

7. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah I definitely do not like number 2.
    Number 1 on the other hand is great!! =)

8. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

number 1, but try a different font, and background color.