Which hard drive should I buy with my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BaseballGuy, Aug 5, 2012.

1. BaseballGuy macrumors newbie

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I would search on Amazon or Newegg. They will have the cheapest prices. Buying stuff off apple's website is more expensive.

I would just find one that is the size you need and has a good warranty (buy name brand ones like western digital and seagate).

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

4. TX328F macrumors newbie

This kind of accessories you can buy from Costco or Sam's Club: good prices and great return policy! Whichever model you are interested in, check sites like Amazon or Newegg to make sure there aren't many reports of early failures.

Otherwise, you may want to consider a Time Capsule or (at a higher price level) a NAS device (such as Synology or QNAPS) to backup all of your home computers. The advantage of this solution is that you don't have to remember to plug a cable or, even worse, carry around a portable drive (many have been dropped!). In addition, a good NAS device allows to implement RAID 1 (mirroring) and even a 'disaster recovery plan' where your most critical data is also automatically stored 'in the cloud' using a service such as Amazon S3.

5. polotska macrumors 6502

I rather like the G-Drives that I’ve used. You can find them cheaper elsewhere.