Which has a better camera ? iPhone 8 or Note 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 14, 2017.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I pre ordered the note 8.. did I make the right choice?
    I already have a iPhone 7 so I don’t know if it’s worth upgrading to iPhone 8 Plus or note 8

2. PhoneI macrumors 68000

Do the notes still explode?

3. archer75 macrumors 68020

Well since we don't have a iphone 8 to compare to....

4. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

won't know for a while until the reviews are out.

Doubt there will be much between them.

5. RSmith2023 macrumors regular

RSmith2023

Will be hard to say for now until all the reviews start flowing. Neither device has officially delivered yet. The Note 8 is a beast. Samsung went the direction of throwing more RAM at the device to help with photo/video processing this year but they have had solid cameras for a few years now. Apple refined the hardware (supposedly) quite a bit this year over last (I am anxious to see that new Image Signal Processor do work) as well as the software itself. I am also hoping that we get decent flash performance from the stock camera app so that a 3rd party camera app is not necessary to get the flash to fire at levels brighter than a match.

When the reviews DO start coming out between the Note 8 and the iPhone 8/8+, I hope the reviewers compare the photos as seen on a laptop or computer monitor and not on the screens side by side. That would be an unfair comparison as the Note 8 has an OLED screen and only the iPhone X has OLED.

6. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

note 8 has dual camera wide angel also. You can adjust the level of blur you want in software too. Also both camera's have image stabilizing. The note wins...

7. phillytim macrumors 65816

phillytim

Each new iPhone release > everything else. Bar none.

And it's not even because of raw camera hardware specs, it's the iOS software processing that takes it even further out of this world.

That's just the way it is.

8. Nozuka macrumors 68020

too early to tell. but you'll be happy with either of them.