Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Screen Is Better?

• iPhone 6 Plus

Votes: 108 63.2%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Votes: 63 36.8%

• Total voters

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Yes the plus is the best screen apple has made on a smartphone.

Even though I am an iphone owner, I always appreciate how bright and vivid the colours look on a samsung screen, if it were up to me, id rather iOS on a samsung screen because they just pop out.

But I appreciate the plus screen is probably more accurate or whatever, to me whist using it it just feels like an updated 5/5s screen, just brighter.

But obviously I wont be buying a note 4.

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
I think the original iPhone was perhaps the best iPhone or mobile device ever! To this very day there is nothing on the market that in my opinion supersedes this even Android devices. The color and number of pixels on that 3.5" screen was magnificent and will kill either pieces of junk the iPhone 6 and Note 4!

To me the mobile market has regressed by releasing lesser technologies:(

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
Did you come to macforums to find a particular set of skills, skills that people on here have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make people on here a nightmare for people like you?

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Note 4 screen tops the 6+ screen. Had both side by side...objective enough for you? Lol

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
MY Note 2 screen is better then my iPhone 6 plus. I love how Samsung does with the color saturation.

ttmrn

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
tx
i "like" it when they show photos taken with the samsung, having "more" colors than in real life.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
I had the opportunity to compare them at Best Buy this past weekend. The Note 4 screen is nice. But I noticed that if I viewed it off center, it turned a bit greenish. I could view the iPhone 6 screen from any angle, and it looked virtually the same. I've never seen a screen that could do that.

There were three Note 4s there, and they all displayed the greenish tint when viewing off center. There was only one iPhone 6.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I had the opportunity to compare them at Best Buy this past weekend. The Note 4 screen is nice. But I noticed that if I viewed it off center, it turned a bit greenish. I could view the iPhone 6 screen from any angle, and it looked virtually the same. I've never seen a screen that could do that.

There were three Note 4s there, and they all displayed the greenish tint when viewing off center. There was only one iPhone 6.

hmm i'll have to take another look..don't remember that when i checked them out at BB. The 6plus looks great but 1440p is very nice and sharp if you're into the android ecosystem

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
They both have there strengths and weaknesses.

Overall I guess I prefer the AMOLED screen in the Note 4 but only when you set the colors to be more natural. They are a little to vivid out of the box, some people prefer that and even I do at times but overall prefer a more natural look.

I say the Note 4 screen due to its functionality of its waccom digitizer.

I don't particularly care about PPI especially when resolution pass 1080p on a give screen size since that doesn't serve much function for me. I be curious to see real world energy usage between them.

corlando465

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
It would be difficult to have a better screen than the 6plus. I was using my Mini (v1) last night while my phone was syncing to iTunes and the images were so "blah"! So spoiled already! Love my 6+

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
It's a subjective question. Some will prefer one, while others will prefer the other.

Me, personally I prefer the natural looking calibration they went for on the iPhone, in my mind the vivid and oversaturated effect that Samsung goes for makes it look more toy-like. But I'm a photography aficionado, and will occasionally look at medical images on the iPhone, where colors and tones are important.

caseycicada

macrumors member
May 27, 2014
my oh my, just go to the cell phone store and take a look for pete's sake. Make your own judgments, cause you're only gonna be slain here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.