Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyturbouk

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Hi all

Just ordered my 2011 MBP 17" 2.3 with 8gb ram
I decided to go for the BTO 500gb 7200rpm

However, this will take 15-21 days to order!

I plan on using my used owc 120gb as primary boot hdd

I have an optibay and SuperDrive enclosure ready; so my stock hdd will go into the optibay. I will be using this drive as storage/media and also have a 125Gb partition for bootcamp to run win 7- I also plan on playin a few games on win7.

Question is apart from games on bootcamp/ not really using anything to intensive on win 7

Question is wait 15-21 days for faster hdd BTO, or just go for default model and collect tomorrow??

I currently have no other computer at home - just my trusted iphone

Confused

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
Hi all

Just ordered my 2011 MBP 17" 2.3 with 8gb ram
I decided to go for the BTO 500gb 7200rpm

However, this will take 15-21 days to order!

I plan on using my used owc 120gb as primary boot hdd

I have an optibay and SuperDrive enclosure ready; so my stock hdd will go into the optibay. I will be using this drive as storage/media and also have a 125Gb partition for bootcamp to run win 7- I also plan on playin a few games on win7.

Question is apart from games on bootcamp/ not really using anything to intensive on win 7

Question is wait 15-21 days for faster hdd BTO, or just go for default model and collect tomorrow??

I currently have no other computer at home - just my trusted iphone

Confused

It'd be cheaper and faster to buy without the BTO hard drive and buy one from somewhere like newegg. Save money, and get your toy quicker. Seems like a win-win?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.