Which HDMI 2.0 cable is better?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, May 26, 2018.

1. hajime macrumors 601

2. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

They'll probably both do the trick. HDMI is not like analog cables (VGA for example) where a low quality cable may lead to poor visual quality. I'd personally go for the one that's cheaper.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

4. bigtomato macrumors regular

Get the most expensive one you can find, I've used cheap ones and always problems

5. davidmartindale macrumors regular

davidmartindale

I have had $40-$50 cables and $2-$8 cables and they seem pretty much identical in my experience. As LOLz stated with digital interfaces as long as the connection itself is stable and the cable has enough bandwidth for the data than it really does not matter. You're really just paying for a little bit more gold on the connector and a little Belkin or Monster logo (or whatever brand) when buying an expensive HDMI cable.

6. Ifti macrumors 68000

Ive seen a test on WatchDog (a UK Investigation programme).
    They tested a range of cables, including a cheap £1 HDMI cable against a £60 Monster cable.
    They found no difference between them at all.

7. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

All is correct, its a digital signal, not analog. The price of the cable doesn't affect anything as theres very little to interfere with the signal so its fine to cheap out.
    Just not 'too' cheap.

8. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502a

AaronM5670

Completely agree, with digital the signal either 'gets there' or it doesn't. I've been using cheap Amazon HDMI cables costing less than £1 for years with no problems, anything more than a basic one is just throwing money away.