Which Headphones to choose?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MarkieMark92, Mar 27, 2014.

1. MarkieMark92 macrumors regular

I am thinking of buying some new headphones as I have some beats and find them uncomfortable. I'm not sure if to choose the Sony ZX600 or the Bose OE2i? Which would you choose

2. JTMusicVA macrumors newbie

Well, your purpose for the headphones will determine which are "good" for your individual needs, and there is of course the deal about "good" headphones being highly subjective.
    Me, I'm an audio professional as well as an audiophile, so, my suggestions will result in great, detailed, natural, uncolored results. And not be in the cheap, either.
    For starters, Bose products - you're paying for a "name-brand" luxury item, and not necessarily getting the best audio performance. If you're only looking at the Sony and Bose products you mentioned, I'd definitely go with the Sony's over the Bose.
    What will you be listening to? What kind of budget are you looking at?
    One terrific headphone that can do you no wrong is the Audio-Technica M50. (Comes in straight and coiled cord versions...) You can find these relatively affordably on eBay. They have fabulous bottom-end/bass, if that interests you.
    The mid and higher-priced Sony's aren't bad, Sennheiser is a leader as well, and Koss, on the more affordable/cheaper end isn't bad, either.
    My second favorite to the AT M50 are by MEElectronics.

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I found these headphones called iHome at walgreens I was surprised to absolutely love. I'd tried a few more expensive brands like Beats Audio and Sony something or another. In all honesty, just try a bunch until you find one that sounds good to you. It's not always about brand.