Which headset do you recommend for online job interview?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Feb 13, 2018.

1. hajime, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

hajime macrumors 68040

Hello, I am looking for a headset with a mic for interviews via Handout and possibly Skype. Is it better to get a wired version rather than a wireless one due to possible drop of connection? Which one do you recommend? Is the Logitech G933 a good one?

2. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I work via video conference all day everyday. Lots of headphones have mics. You can just use some Earpods if you have a pair handy. Personally, I use AirPods most of the time, but various earbuds I already have lying around work totally fine.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68040

I bought a Plantronics Audio 655. The sound quality is quite good. As the headset is on ears, at the beginning I felt pain after using it for about an hour. Since then, I have used it twice for about half an hour without issue. Not sure if it takes time to adjust or I would feel pain again if I use it for longer. One issue with this product is that the usb plus is very big. It blocks another port. I read that the size is due to the fact that it has a DSP in it. As the latest MBP do not have usb part, how do people use this headset on usb-portless MBP? Alternatively, is it better to exchange for a bluetooth headset with mic?

https://www.cnet.com/products/plantronics-audio-655-dsp-headset/specs/