Which holsters Work with iSkin Solo???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ValVal, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ValVal macrumors newbie

Which holsters work with the iSkin Solo? I know there is one from iSkin, but wondering what others work?
    I'd like something low profile. Are any white???

2. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

3. ValVal thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it have a clip to go over pants or would it only work with a belt?
    Is it low profile? I"m a petite female and don't "wear" my iPhone often but I like to around the house or out when listening to music.

4. astudentis macrumors regular

There is a white leather holster made by Marware (the CEO Premiere). However, I have asked 2 times before on some of the threads, no one seems to have tried the iSkin solo with it? I would really like to know if it fits in there? (I know the CEO fits the bulkiest of cases like the Rebel). But looking at a reviews on the apple site, CEO's belt clip doesnt seem do be that durable.

I am also interested in buying the Incase Folio. But again I dont know if it will fit in there? It seems like the rebel will not fit in there, but not sure about iSkin solo.

Since the Solo case is a little grippy, I dont know if it will go in those cases or not. I have tried it with the DLO hipcase, but it doesn't work.

Also, maybe someone has tried it with the Proporta Perfora?

As for the clip that ships with the iskin duet, I dont like the fact that the screen always faces out and it seems a little bulky compared to the cases I have mentioned above.

5. ValVal thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the InCase Folio (which I love) and the iskin fits VERY tightly and doesn't quite velcro. Actually it will almost close but the velcro just misses. SO, not really a good fit...

6. astudentis macrumors regular

I think marware CEO would be the next best thing... considering its a little more bigger than the folio, but still has that sleek profile I am looking for. As for the perfora, that has a magnetic latch, so I dont think that would be good if we are trying to jam in phones with cases already on them.

7. astudentis macrumors regular

okay, so i went out and bought a CEO, and I am happy to say that the iSkin fits in there. However the velcro only closes 45-55%, which seems sufficient. I am sure I can make it fit 100% with continuous use. Though it looks decent, I think I might still prefer the folio... would Val mind posting some pics of the iskin in the folio?

8. ValVal thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure. Can u do the same?

What's the easiest to post photos on here?

9. astudentis macrumors regular

When you click "Post Reply" under the text box there is an area call "Additional Options", there click "Manage Attachments"

Attached Files:

10. astudentis macrumors regular

some more

Attached Files:

11. ValVal thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's a White iSkin Solo with the INCASE FOLIO. I'd say the fits too tight for you to be able to take the phone in and out without a procedure.

Attached Files:

12. ValVal thread starter macrumors newbie

Is your case white or off-white? Also, how is it with getting the phone in and out for calls, etc... Is it hard to work in and out of the case? Do you think you'll keep the case for your phone? Thanks!

13. astudentis macrumors regular

When i compare the case to the white apple mighty mouse, it does seem a little off-white (cant really have perfect white leather, or can we?) Inside swade is a little more (just but a hint) off-white than the outside.

In terms of getting in and out, I think its fairly easy, by just pushing in the bottom cutout. I think there is enough room in the case to slide in and out without much resistance.

As for me keeping it:
    1) Personally, I dont think that color suits me (personality)... and it doesnt seem very manly / Professional (though they do have a black one too, just not at the store (Walmart for ~45$ canadian) where I bought mine, but--->next point) (I think apple.ca sells it for 40$+6$shipping)
    2) I think I might enjoy the every so slightly, sleeker profile of the incase

Do you think with over time, the Velcro will be able to close and the case will expand to the phone with the iSkin on it?

I know itsmeMorphious on youtube said that his incase slider started to fit in nicely over time... what do you think? (I think the Slider is a little more bulky than the iSkin? But it is smoother plastic than the iSkin, and hence would be easier to slide in and out)

Also, this came with a screen protector and a way to get a free swivel clip (we have a request it from marware... it said available until quantities last)

14. ValVal thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm. I don't know. It's possible it may stretch a bit over time (the folio) but what bothers me more than the velcro not closing completely is the difficulty of removing phone. With other cases or a naked phone, you can just push your finger up into the bottom hole and the phone slides up for removal. There's no "sliding" the Solo out of the folio.

If anyone thinks differently feel free to let us know...

Where's the best price for the CEO?