Which icon updates are you waiting for to make your iPhone home screen "pristine"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulisme, Jul 1, 2010.

1. paulisme macrumors 6502

I've noticed that my most important apps are starting to be updated on the App Store with high-resolution icons, and those apps happen to be on my first page of apps. Facebook and Wikipanion are now hi-res, so now I'm waiting for Scrabble, DirecTV, Guitar Toolkit and Tab Toolkit to be updated, after which I'll have an all hi-res first page. Which updates are you waiting for to make your first page of apps look perfect?

2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Cool story br... nevermind. :eek:

Why not just use folders and move them to another page?

3. cyclone84 macrumors regular

^^^Tried the folder route, but I use these too much to justify the extra tapping.

Sportacular
    MyFantasyTeams
    ESPN Streak for the Cash

Proof that sports fans are lazy.

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

All of them. I keep the low res ones in folders. Lol.

5. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Animated icons? iphone always looks to static and flat!

6. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Would be soo awesome.

7. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Even the folder icons look ugly they could of had them animated so they cycled through the apps they contain! instead of an ugly grey block!

And also when you swipe a grid the option to only swipe one row at a time! or upward swiping!

8. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Im suprised the clock icon aint animated with a little sweeping second hand that would be sweet! nice touch i think users would like!

9. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Prior to being delivered the flawed iPhone 4, I was truly looking forward to many new things. A different home screen being just one. Unfortunately, Apple is selling a phone, that is ...well not much of a phone at all.

Poor to no reception when I hold it normally, which for me is a loose relaxed grip which in no way resembles the much sensationalized "death grip". I've tried holding the phone differently and it does help a bit, but even with the bumper in place there is not much difference. When the phone rings, I instinctively pick it up. It's not so easy to remember... oops, this is the fussy iPhone which requires a different position. If I have to refocus on something as basic as holding the phone the way "Daddy Steve" tells us, it is more trouble than it's worth.

That said, the rest of the device is wonderful. I do believe that now after the fact, Apple's revamping of it's antenna engineering staff will correct the problem for iPhone 5 or whatever they decide to call it next year.

10. ValientHimself macrumors member

YES! More nonsensical ramblings about reception issues that are completely off topic from the threads in which they are posted!

We definitely need more of this!

11. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

That would be a terrible idea, maybe even worse then this stupid idea I heard about, something about putting an antenna in the outside :p
    but seriously the great thing about the iPhone is the simplicity and neatness of it all, I don't want every kid developer adding explosions and flashing lights to an app icon that is meant to be snake.

12. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I'd rather have apps that I use frequently whose icons are ugly on the front page than apps I only occasionally use with pretty icons on the front page.