Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Processor to get?

• Total voters

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP wrote:
"is the 27" too big? is 21.5" enough?
I am wondering which size to get, i have both sizes at home, not sure which one to get for a work station that I will be using quit a lot."

The LAST THING you will ever hear the owner of a 27" iMac say:
"Gee, I wish I'd bought the 21" model instead!"

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Since you had to ask, I'd go ahead and get the i7 27" since you might regret it down the line if you're already plunking down quite a bit for a machine in the first place. I have the 2017 i7 and it works very well for me, the fan does kick on quite a bit but I don't really think that's a bad thing.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
is the 27" too big? is 21.5" enough?

I am wondering which size to get, i have both sizes at home, not sure which one to get for a work station that I will be using quit a lot.

I agree with ginhb, it's personal preference. I have used both and prefer the 21.5" for lighter work. I'd recommend getting that ones configured the same way, maxed out, i7 SSD, etc. Even more so because you can't upgrade the RAM.

The 27" is great if you're gonna have many windows/applications open. Also, it's going to offer you the most speed and longevity down the line.

I come from the days of 17" CRTs being HUGE, and even back then we went with the idea that we'd buy the best we could afford if upgrading quickly was in doubt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.