Which iMac should I get? (details inside)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tbb07, May 6, 2011.

1. tbb07 macrumors newbie

So I'm getting an iMac tomorrow, but I'm not sure which is the best suited.

So here's all the relevant information in a nutshell:
    I use Adobe Fireworks on a daily basis. Sometimes I use Adobe Illustrator. I rarely use Photoshop.

I plan to use Coda and Transmit a lot (I like to submit content to the web).

I might use Final Cut Pro or Adobe Flash to make movies and flash, but do not really take this into consideration.

Here are all the iMac models:
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac/select?mco=MjIwNTQyNjE

I think of all of the, I should get the $1499 21.5in model. Agreed? I mean, does anyone regret getting a 27in model? Does it make things more of a hassle, navigating in a screen with such a huge screen? I mean, I don't want to spend too much time moving my mouse to click on something on the side like a vector tool (I'm still working on memorizing my hotkeys).

Anyways, so what do you guys think?

2. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

Oh, dude. Nothing could be further from the truth... the 27" iMac's desktop is a profound pleasure to navigate. If you're a graphics man, I'm certain you'll appreciate it.

3. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Bigger is better

Just like when purchasing TV's I think you would regret not having the 27" after the initial joy of purchasing a new iMac subsides. To me the extra $200 would not be a big deal for one of the best screens around. You'll get used to the navigation and in combination with adjusting tracking settings it will be amazing. That's what I did! Moving the pointer quickly to the side is not a pain and you will benefit from the increased space.

4. tbb07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, well should I shell an extra 300 for the higher spec 27incher? Or do you guys think it's definitely not necessary for my use.

5. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure the computer would be great, no matter which size you buy. I'm not trying to strong-arm you. Do whatever you like, mate.

But, honestly, the 27" screen is a complete knock-out. I can't do it without, now.