Which iMac to buy: Old or New?

Which Imac should I purchase now that the new one has been released?

• Old Imac

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • New Imac

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac2004

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Please respond to my poll..... What Imac should I buy????

SiliconDioxide

macrumors member
May 15, 2007
Yea, I would go with the new one. Even though the vid card blows, its slightly better than the older ones. Also the new ones look better.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
If you can't stand the glossy screen, get the old iMac. If you can live with the ugly new case design, the glossy screen, and the strange new keyboard, get the new. If you want to buy a top of the line 24 inch iMac, the new one is probably better as it features a higher speed processor (2.8ghz)

mchank

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Get the new. Computer tech gets obsolete so quickly these days, why would you want to speed up the process and get something older than necessary?

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
If you get a new one make sure you pick up an older Pro keyboard. I think Apple did some damage with that new monstrosity.

Oh yeah, the new ones have those damn horrific glossy screens, So I would go for one of the older ones.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
were I in the market I'd get the new. even though I don't like glossy screens, I'd still get it. and honestly, I've never seen a desktop keyboard without a numberpad. was somebody not doing their job at infinite loop?