Which imac to get (Thank you for help so far)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by trevoristight, Jun 24, 2008.

1. trevoristight macrumors newbie

First I wanted to say thank you to everyone who is responded so far, and everyone else who gives help on these forums to many of the same questions. My final question falls along the same lines.
    I’ve cut my choices down to 4. It’s either the penryn 2.4 GHz, the refurb last gen 2.4 GHz, the penryn 2.66, or refurb 2.66. They all have advantages and disadvantages.
    For my computer use I will use the internet, ilife, office, final cut express 4.0, aperture 2, and toast 9.0, maybe roller coaster tycoon 3 or the occasional similar game. I like to run about 4 things at once, an internet browser, a word document, photo app or video app, and download music. With FCE 4 I will be importing AVCHD and working with it.
    Let me know which one you think I should get where everything runs smoothly. I don’t think a macbook can handle it, I think im right in terms of the integrated graphics. I would like the have the wireless mouse and keyboard, $50 new, $150 with a refurb maybe $130. I’m going to plug it into my 42” 1080p HDTV so I have a 42” imac occasionally and sit in my recliner about 10 ft that’s why I want wireless. So any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Take a look at the refurbished Mac Pro 2.8 GHz quad core for US$1,999. If that's within your budget and you already have a monitor.