Which iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Corredor, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Corredor macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm in the market for a new iMac and was looking for buying advice and if this is a good time to purchase one.

I will need it for:

- General internet browsing (Reddit, social media, forums, Netflix, YouTube, etc.)
    - Photoshop (Not hardcore usage but I do like to mess around with my friend's pictures and make business logos.)
    - Gaming (I want to run Minecraft, Civilization V, Prison Architect, Team Fortress 2, Left for Dead 2, and a few others.)

I've decided that there is just something I like about the 21.5" screen size so I will be going with that.

That said, my main question would be if Iris Pro Graphics is perfectly okay for the games I want to run or if I would experience lag on the higher settings and should go with the dedicated 750M graphics card.

Also, any chance we'll be seeing a new iMac launch at WWDC or is that off the table?

Thanks

2. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

I'd say get the 750m model because it isn't much of a difference price wise. Check out the refurbished section on the Apple site. I currently see a 8GB RAM/1TB Fusion/750M iMac there for ~$60 less than the base configuration of the 750M iMac. That would be a nice machine for several years.