Which iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pad07, Apr 17, 2010.

1. pad07 macrumors regular

Hi guys.

Am torn between the top end 21.5inch iMac and the low-end 27 inch one. I am torn as I wonder if the 27 inch will be too huge for my eyes, and will be hard to use what with websites being postage stamp size on the display.

Also worried that non-HD movies will look cack on the 27 inch display.

I mainly network, surf and watch movies on my current Macbook Pro. I also do graphic design in Photoshop and use iMovie for short film editing.

I asked Apple sales and they said I should buy the quad core iMac - but I'm not sure I trust them as they could easily "recommend" the most expensive model! :rolleyes:

Please, an honest review? Thank you!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Go to a store and have a look. It's very hard to tell is it too huge for YOUR eyes. IMO 27" is awesome and would definitely get it over 21.5" but it's just my opinion

3. slicke101 macrumors member

I just bought the 21.5" for economical reasons. but as Helhammar says, go to the store and try it out. Even if i had the money i think i would be hesitant since the 27" is huge, but i only use my comp for daily stuff and word processing.

4. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

I agree with Hellhammer you may be best off going to a store and seeing which screen size you prefer, between these two models especially as the deal breaker between them is the screen size.

I just bought a 21.5 actually. When in the store the 27 inch was amazing, the 21.5 was too, equally so, but looked tiny in comparison when side by side. I think this is more due to the 27 inch being truly gargantuan in size though rather than the 21.5 being tiny which is deceptive. The 21.5 looked much bigger when i got it home :D

5. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I preferred the older 24"
    It was just right.

But being the choices as they are, I'd personally go 27".

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

If you need the screen real estate then the 27" is they way to go for the price.
    If not, the 21.5".