Which "invisible cover" is better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Aug 10, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

i had an invisible shield, but before putting it on. i decided to return it, becuase my friend has one and it turns a color after having it on for a while.

so for the front of my iphone 3g i got the crystal film that apple sells at their store, but now i need an invisible back cover.

which company makes a invisible back cover that i can put on just the back?

im not to keen on zagg. aka invisible shield.

so what others are there and which gives best clarity and a look that seems like you have nothing on your iphone?

thanks

2. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Im using bodyguardz. I removed the screen protector though and am waiting for my powersupport crystal shield to come tommarow hopefully

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

is that the crystal film the sell at apple store

4. wolfwill23 macrumors member

I have the crystal film from the Apple store and it's well worth the $15. Touch response is still good, screen is sharp and clear, and your screen is protected. I'd recommend.

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

I bought the crystal film but I was wondering if the other member was also talking about crystal film or it's another film. So what's better?

Body guardz bestskinever or invisible shield. I only need a back since for the from I'm using crystal film from apple.

I want it to look good and if possible is there a back that covers the chrome or is that only with front covers. Thanks

6. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Yes the same one from the apple store. The only reason I ordered it was because I took my bodyguardz front off because i THOUGHT my screen was scratched, but it was just the BG.

I would suggest Bodyguardz, but then again I've never used a different one. For me, I didn't want orange peel effect, and BG doesn't have that.

I will tell you the back is somewhat difficult to put on, but that is probably true with ALL of them.

BG comes with 2 sets, so at least if you screw up you've got an extra.

edit: I can tell you BG DOES cover the chrome bezel. I have maybe 1mm one one side that isn't covered because i put it on a TAD off, but it still fits perfect and so little is not covered that I'm not worried about it.

7. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

www.ilounge.com has a nice article on this!

And the winner according to them is Full Body Films!

8. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

Which is better depends on you. I'm currently using BSE front and back having tried IS and not being satisfied with the fit. I never seriously considered BG primarily because it uses a different material than IS/BSE which doesn't offer the same level of protection, but don't let that stop you from considering BG. Ultimately, whenever Incase comes out with their 3G slider, the BSE is gonna be a second level of protection underneath, so the orange peel (which doesn't bother me in the first place) won't even be noticeable from the back.

9. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

I have an InvisibleShield on my white 3G and I can tell you that it is NOT invisible. The back shield discolors my white phone, making it seem yellow-ish. Also, I don't know if it's the same with all the film covers sold, but the InvisibleShield itself is thick enough that my 3G will not fit in most cases. I had to cut down the sides to get my 3G into an Elan holster.

10. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I'm using Best Skins Ever and I love it. I personally hate Invisible Shield, it doesn't do a good job in coverage and their customer service blows. I cannot comment on BG since I've never used them.

11. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

hats full body films? And does bse back cover cover the chrome?

12. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Yup, sadly, I nicked the chrome in one little spot before I had the BSE.

but there won't be any more scratches.

13. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

I see no reason for a screen protector...the iPhone's screen is treated glass...it's going to be harder to scratch than the screen protector. The only reason to get one is if you go anti-glare... >.<

14. bori macrumors member

I'm using the power support crystal film and its amazing.

I meant to pick up the anti-glare, but I grabbed the wrong one when I was at the store. :(

15. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I think hes more concerened with the back and bezel, but rest assured that glass DOES scratch.

16. sye46 macrumors member

no glass is scratch proof... and i've already seen a couple 3g phones that have scratches and swirls on the glass that could've been prevented with a screen protector. Your reasoning that is is only useful for anti-glare is not valid.

17. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Fullbody films pack is BSE back and powersupport crystal/PS antiglare front all for $17.50 or $20.50 to UK- bargain and feels and looks great. no more smudges for me.

18. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

19. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

20. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

man im havin trouble deciding on best skin ever or body guardz.

i just want the back of my phone to be protected and the chrome.

both are scratch resistant, but do both look and make the phone feel naked or do they make it feel rubberized like the invisible shield?

21. em5photog macrumors regular

em5photog

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I wouldn't say it feels rubberized, but there is definately a tackier feel than purely naked using the BSE.

The corners of my BSE are completely peeling off now. However, they sent me a replacement of my 2 piece back with their single piece back so I'll be putting that on and hoping the corners hold up better next time.

23. Acejam2k macrumors regular

Go with BestSkinsEver. I have one on my 3G, and I absolutely love it. I also have a belkin silicone case on it as well. (double protection)

Application is definitely tricky, and I definitely spent over an hour applying the skin. In the end though, it was well worth it as you can't even tell there's a skin on my phone now... (with the case off of course) I spent the extra time, and applied it pefectly...

I got both the front 1 piece and back 1 piece, so the combo. (they offer both 1 and 2 piece back parts, I went with the 1 piece, no lines!)

For $8 you can't really go wrong.

24. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

ok so let me get this straight finally..

bse and body guardz have back pieces you can buy seperate and they cover the front chrome?

do any of them have that orange peel or discolor like invisible shield?

I saw the pics of the BSE and it looks so nice, so i might get that if its as scratch resistant as people say.

25. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I have BG on my back and it has zero orange peel effect and so far, it hasnt turned a different color.