Which iPad 3 32 GB or 64 GB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gregpod9, Aug 3, 2012.

1. gregpod9 macrumors regular

I will be buying a black colored iPad 3 tomorrow at the Apple store. I would like to know if I should get the 32 GB version or the 64 GB version?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You get whichever one you think you need. If your budget can afford the 64 and you plan on filling it up with videos and photos, then get that. If not, get the less expensive one.

3. minisuds7 macrumors member

minisuds7

I wanted the 64 gig when I ordered my iPad 3 the first day they were available, but I decided to save a little dough and went for the 32 gig, which is what I'm typing this reply on ;). And honestly, I don't regret not stepping up... I'll download a movie or a tv show once in a while if I'm going to be traveling, but then I just transfer them to the iMac and store everything on there. So I personally don't feel the danger of running out of room. But everyone has their own needs, and if you are planning on storing more things on your iPad than I do, then by all means go for the 64!

4. jacob-07 macrumors regular

i think the 32gb is the perfect size for the ipad

5. amflemi macrumors newbie

I looked at the 64Gb when I was looking to to update from the iPad and in the end went for the 32Gb as it balanced nicely cost vs storage. I have only once come close to running out of storage on there and that was when I was putting quite a bit of video on the iPad. However once common sense kicked in and i realised that I could just download the stuff from the iTunes store as I wanted it [yes, there was a smack of the forehead Doh! moment....] then i was nowhere near filling that amount of storage. The question for me was more to 4G* or not to 4G, in the end the 4G 32Gb came winging its way to me and I haven't regretted the choice.

*or 3G or whatever Apple have to call it legally now