iPad Which iPad, 3 or 4 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by silvetti, Nov 5, 2012.

1. silvetti, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Hi guys,

Have a question for you...

Between these options which would you choose:

iPad 3 16GB Wifi - $589
    iPad 4 16GB Wifi - $682

(Europe prices converted to dollars)

I will use the iPad for casual gaming, watching tvshows/movies while travelling, reading magazines in Newsstand, general web-surfing/email.

I have had an iPad 2 in the past which is owned by my girlfriend at the moment :D

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Either one should fit your purposes. Do you intend to drive it until the wheels come off of it, or do you think you would sell it in a year or two when a "OMG, I've just got to have that!" iPad comes out? How many 30 pin connected accessories if any do you have around the house?

The 4 with it's upgraded internals promises to have longer legs, i.e., be capable of running newer apps and iOS's longer. The 3 should provide less of a hit in resale value should you decide to sell it in the short term.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is the most important thing to consider. If you know you will upgrade in a year, get the 3. If you plan on keeping it for around 2 years, get the 4

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

^^^ This

If you are only going to do casual gaming then +1 for the iPad 3 as well. If you are looking for ultimate performance from games like Infinity Blade II and it's sequel then the iPad 4 is the better choice.

5. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

For your use the 3 sounds fine, but the 4 is only $100 more you will get most of that back when you sell it

6. silvetti thread starter macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I have Apple's HDMI out cable, lot's of chargers, camera kit (usb and sd card) and that's about it for iPad.

I bought an Apple TV so the HDMI out cable is not being used at all.

Hail to Airplay :D

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

still mad we can't airplay prime videos!

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No question at those prices -- the 4. The 3's resale value has cratered so you'd be taking a huge hit buying at that price. Plus the $ difference there is so small for the benefits of the 4 it makes the 4 a no brainer.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

What I (or anyone else) would choose is irrelevant. You need to decide based on your needs/wants/etc.

Either one would work for all that. Provide some other criteria to narrow it down to one or the other.

Talk to Amazon about that.

10. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

If you just want a good ipad 2 replacement and like holding onto $100 cash get the 3. If you want the latest and greatest (and will be supported longer) get the 4