iPad mini Which iPad is best for me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dunder09, Apr 9, 2013.

1. dunder09 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've decided I'm going to purchase an iPad mini. I am torn between the 16gb and 32gb. I really only plan on using it for web browsing, Netflix, and probably some games. I don't plan on putting any music, photos, or videos on it. I have a 32gb iPhone 4s and currently I am taking up 26gb, but 15 of that is music. So I feel like a 16 would be plenty for me, but the 32 would be nice just in case even though I really don't have the extra cash. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

You can't add more memory after the fact so if you feel like you would need more and would use it, then get the bigger one. My first iPad was 16GB Wifi only and that was fine although I found the lack of space restrictive when travelling because I could only load a few videos. This time around I maxed out and got 64GB and 4G. It's already full.

However, if you have a wifi signal, and install AirVideo Server on your home machine, you can stream your entire video library to your iPad anyway in the world - I certainly use this feature even with the big memory iPad.

3. ben810 macrumors newbie

Since you said you don't plan on putting music, videos, or music on it, I think 16GB should be fine. But if you end up changing your mind and decide to store that stuff on it then you would probably run out of space pretty quickly. I do the same thing you said you plan on doing - I have a 32GB iPhone with most of my music and a 16GB iPad with very little music (only my real favorites) because my iPhone is with me wherever I have my iPad anyway. I've had this iPad for awhile though so when I upgrade, I'll probably get a 32GB one.

4. RadDave macrumors regular

RadDave

My usual philosophy in buying computers & related devices to to get twice as much as expected, yes a gross generality but who knows what you may want to do in a month or two?

Currently, I have an iPad 2 w/ 32 GB & wife has an iPad Mini w/ 32 GB - I keep all of my music on an iPod and do little w/ photos (of course, the camera stinks on my device) - at this point I have half my storage left; wife is DL mainly books & mags (doesn't care about music or using the camera), so she will be fine w/ that amount of storage.

SO, if you indeed are not going to load up an iPad w/ music, photos, or movies, the 16 GB may do you fine, but I would probably double that just in case - you can decide now but not later - ;)

5. dunder09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input guys. I suppose the 32 is probably worth the extra $100 in the long run. You never know. My MBP is over 3 years old now and showing signs of slowing down so the extra space is probably a good idea.