Which iPad is right for me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matbook101, Aug 24, 2011.

1. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

Hello, I plan on getting an iPad 2 this week. I will either get the 16gb wifi or the 16gb wifi+3g. Which one do you think is better for me? Also, what color plastic smart cover do you suggest with a white iPad? Thanks. :)

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

3G. But the ATT one not the Verizon one because their coverage is better on your block.

3. matbook101 thread starter macrumors 6502

matbook101

No, actually where I live you'd be lucky to get 2 bars with at&t but w/ verizon you always have 5. Speak for yourself about coverage. I guess I'll go w/ 3g then but what color smart cover?

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I have the grey one. It works for me.

5. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Color is really a personal choice, I'd get navy blue leather or polyurethane gray.

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I think you like the red leather best. And you'd better go with the 64gb, you know how much video you plan on loading that thing up with!

7. matbook101, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

matbook101 thread starter macrumors 6502

matbook101

That's (16) enough for at least 10 movies at a time. I don't think i'll need more than 10 at a time.

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

You're wrong, though. You were planning to fill at least 75% of that space up with games, and you wanted to carry at least 25 movies at all times. Really, why are you asking us what you think if you're just going to argue after we tell you?

9. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

I think where some of these questions are heading is what is the best use of your extra $100 - 3g or more storage. Of course the answer will differ depending on your use. Here are some questions to ask

- How often are you in a place that used use your Ipad with no wifii? Your home, office, and many airports and cafe's have wifii
    - Can you tether to a 3g phone? (slightly less convenient but it will save you upfront costs).
    - Are you a big gamer? Want a decent selection of movies off line? Don't have a phone or ipod that you use for music? A yes answer means that the extra storage space could be very handy.

I bought the 16g 3g. Even though I travel a lot, I don't use the 3g service a ton because wifii is so prevalent. I wouldn't go so far to say I regret not getting more storage, instead of 3g because the service is mighty handy when needed. But if I had it do over again, I'd get more storage and tether or get a mifi. Again, everyone's use is different. Either way, you will love you new Ipad.