iPad mini Which iPad mini, if any, works best for me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nahmeanz, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nahmeanz macrumors regular

Current setup: iMac 27" (1TB), MacBook Air 11" (128GB), iPhone 5 (64GB), iCloud (55GB), DropBox (110GB), and iTunes Match

I have the iMac 27" at work, MacBook Air 11" as my road warrior, iPhone 5 as my mobile phone obviously...but for some reason I feel like I need an iPad.

I used to have an iPad 2 that I gave to my mom because I really only used it when I traveled, the battery life beat the MacBook Air 11" and I don't like holding too many movies/tv shows on my laptop because 128GB really isn't enough space. But at home, there was no advantage of using an iPad over my MacBook Air 11".

But now there's the iPad mini...seems like it fits my life for an all-around device. Should be great for travel and use just sitting on the couch surfing when I don't need to do any real work on my laptop. My main concern is which model? How much space do I need? On my iPhone, I only have about 10GB available (about 20GB are photos, 22 GB of music). If I use iCloud and iTunes Match on an iPad mini, do all of my photos and music sync? Would that mean I need a 64GB? Or only the most recent pictures on the Photo Stream sync and only the songs/albums I choose to download from iCloud sync?

2. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

All of my photos and music sync on all of my devices (iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad Mini). Anyway, I previously had a 32 gb iPad 2 and ran out of space on it. That's why I chose the 64 gb ad Mini. My iPhone 4S has 32 gb, but no danger of running out of space on that. In fact I had more apps (same music and photos though) on my 32 gb iPhone 4S than I did on my 32 gb iPad 2 :eek:.
    Anyway, it sounds like you might want to consider the 64 gb :)

Oh, I believe you can manually select what you want to sync. I think I saw that option but have never used it.