iPad Which iPad should I buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAddict2014, Nov 2, 2014.

1. MacAddict2014 macrumors newbie

I currently own a 2nd gen iPad (16GB). I want to upgrade. Should I go with the iPad Air (128GB) or with the Air 2 (64GB)? In Canada the first-gen iPad air is on sale so it's the same price for both models. Is it worth to buy the Air 2 with 64 GB?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

You're obviously going to find better deals with the Air 1. The Air 2 is just a monster when it comes to speed and performance.

3. luked14 macrumors 6502

If storage is the most important factor for you then go with the Air. But if you think you'd benefit from the better processor, 2GB RAM, and Touch ID, then the Air 2 would be the better buy.

4. DaCurmudgen macrumors regular

I have an iPad 3 and an rMini, but if I was to buy a new iPad, it would be the Air 2 hands down. The 2GB RAM, improved WiFi speeds, touch ID, NFC, and 8X chip give it plenty of room to grow whereas the Air 1, Mini 2 and 3 all have RAM that will likely hit its limit in the next 18 - 24 months.

I stopped trying to find the best deal on older models or tablets with lesser capacity. Better to go big at the onset of the latest release to get the most out of it. By all accounts, the Air 2 sounds like a great device.

5. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Yup. I rock an iPad 4 and I'm sitting on a gig of ram heaven's sake. Get the 2 for the 2 if nothing else!