Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renecek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Hello, I'm thinking about buying iPad (used). I will use it for watching movies (3-4 per month), for teamviewer and emails etc.

What will be the best for me?
Thinking about iPad Mini 4 or iPad Air 2 32GB wifi. Or can I buy any older iPad?

Thank you.

bensisko

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
The Village
Hello, I'm thinking about buying iPad (used). I will use it for watching movies (3-4 per month), for teamviewer and emails etc.

Thinking about iPad Mini 4 or iPad Air 2 32GB wifi. Or can I buy any older iPad?

Thank you.

You could buy an Air or a Mini 2, but you're probably better off with the Mini 4 or Air 2 - just figure out what screen size you like!

Reactions: rui no onna

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Thank you.

The Air 2 is still a great iPad, even though I believe it's production is soon coming to an end with newer iPads launching purportedly next month.

I would stray away from older iPads, not that there is anything wrong with one, but for OS updates, it's likely not supported as long as the current/newer iPads.

Reactions: Digger148

nutriousmitten

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2017

Thank you.

Ipad Air 2's built before September 2016 will be 16GB or 64GB, if that matters. Not sure the 32GB are on the Apple Refurb site yet.

Mini vs Air is a significant enough difference size wise, so you'll have to figure out how mobile you want it to be.

Renecek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Thank you for replies. Dont want iPad Pro because have nacbook pro. So I think iPad Air 2 64 GB wifi will be good for me. Used for 300 euro.

Reactions: Digger148 and max2

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Air 2 is your best bet.

Agreed. My Air 2, which I was using last night, is still ridiculously fast, even the day I from when I purchased it. Although I just used it for primarily for media consumption. I hardly have any applications downloaded to it.

Reactions: Digger148

StevenPG

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Wait until they announce the new iPads next month. Even if you do not get a new one the prices of the used ones will go down because they are older generations.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Where would you be using the iPad? If at home, the Air 2 makes more sense but if travelling, with the Air 2 is still portable, the mini 4 is a great device. Truth be told though, for media and Teamviewer use, I would be looking for the larger screen size where possible even though they share the same screen resolution.

sorcery

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Ring of Fire
Decide after the rumored March announcements. But the pro series is overpriced for your requirements. if buying an older version, try to avoid the software updates as they will eventually cause the machine to lag unacceptably.

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA
I hate to say it but from everything I've heard about the air to and current OS issues depending on how long you plan to keep it for The air two is coming up on three years old You probably only have two more major iOS updates left before it's discontinued and these last two would probably hinder the usefulness of the iPad so if you plan to use it don't do it anymore updates past iOS 10.x.x my suggestion is wait till Apple makes its announcement in the next week or so and then purchase your iPad then otherwise you may regret the price you pay

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Don't waste time with a dead product, the Air 2 was replaced with the 9.7 Pro.

That doesn't make it a "dead product". Not everyone wants or needs to have the newest model. If you don't care about Pencil support, there's nothing that the "Pro"'does that the Air 2 doesn't, and for most tasks the difference in processor speed won't matter very much. They even have the same amount of RAM.

Reactions: Patcell

Patcell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
Bergen County, NJ
Anecdotal evidence here to be sure, but I have to agree with some of the prevous posters in saying that the iPad Air 2 is an excellent tablet even in 2017. It runs the latest software (as of iOS 10) with no loss of features over the current generation devices (iPad Pro models). I experience no appreciable lag whatsoever in my daily use of the tablet. It handles word processing to 3-D gaming without any trouble; even the latest titles in the App Store. Without a doubt, the Pro models will open apps a bit faster and perhaps be more "future proof" in terms of feature support in upcoming iOS updates; however, as of today the Air 2 is holding its own.

Assuming Apple Pencil support is not a priority, for the budget-conscious buyer the iPad Air 2 is an outstanding choice and should serve you well for a few years to come. IMHO...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.