All iPads Which iPad should I get? And when to expect the next refresh?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MathBunny123, Dec 27, 2013.

1. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

Hello, I'm wondering which iPad I should get (Mini or Air). I will use it mostly for web-browsing at home, looking at YouTube videos in bed, and periodically taking it to school and maybe on the bus for 4G.

Another thing is, when do you think a refresh is coming out? I'm planning to buy this with YouTube adsense money, so every penny is hard to get (since I barely get views). I will probably get ~$400 in around 14 months...lol...so do you think a new version will come out by March this year of September? Or should I wait until next year?

Thanks for helping. :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The next refresh won't occur until the fall of 2014 and choosing the air vs. the rmini is a personal choice. Which form factor do you like the best?

I prefer the smaller one and recommend the mini, others here like the iPad Air and will recommend that.

Try both at your local apple store and see which one works the best for you

3. MathBunny123 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! Do you think it'll be worth purchasing a older generation iPad simply to get it for cheaper?

4. warvanov macrumors 6502a

The reviews that I've read suggest that the current gen with the A7 processors in them are a significant boost up from the last gen A5's. If you can swing it, that's what I'd go for. I mean, that IS what I'm going for; I'm planning to pick up a new retina mini in the next few days.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The iPad 4 is very fast and if the weight doesn't bother you it would be great.

6. MathBunny123 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! I had the iPad 2 and it was 'okay', I'll consider it more towards the date of purchase. Maybe I'll grow more then and I'll be able to hold it better. xD

Thanks guys once again. :D