Which iPad would you recommend?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ra4oasis, Feb 7, 2015.

?

Which iPad would you recommend for me to buy (in June)?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2015.
  1. iPad Air

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. iPad Air 2

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Waiting for the iPad Air 3

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I'm going to have enough money saved up in June to replace my good ol' iPad 2. I do some gaming, web browsing, music streaming, the normal stuff, on my iPad currently. iPad Air, or iPad Air 2?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

High end gaming, the newest model you can afford. Any other, stay with what you have.

3. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I bought and returned two iPad Air 2's be aisle I wasn't thrilled with the build quality. I'd wait for the iPad Air 3, it'll come 3/4'months after you can afford one if you can hold out.

4. ra4oasis thread starter macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I might be able to wait for the iPad Air 3, but my iPad 2 is increasingly ticking me off because of it's performance. I'm leaning towards an iPad Air 2 at this point, since the processor is so much more powerful than the Air 1. But I'm looking for any convincing arguments to sway me in another way.

5. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

There is always something better coming out in a few months. But in your case I think you should wait for the Air 3. Maybe you could continue saving and get a model with more storage or a cellular model.

6. Tezzerh macrumors newbie

IPad Air 2 excellent

I bought an iPad Air 2 a month ago and find it excellent. I can't see how it can be greatly improved and a new model surely won't be out until next autumn/winter.

7. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

Since you're not ready to get the iPad air 2 yet and your iPad 2 is ticking you off. Why not get an iPad mini 2 for now then sell it in June together with your iPad 2. I think the iPad mini 2 has the best value for money right now.

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

From a marketing standpoint, the Air 2 is more powerful than the Air 1. From a real world perspective, you'll have to look hard to spot the difference in performance. The main advantage the Air 2 has besides Touch ID is 2 GB of ram.

I own the original Air and purchased an Air 2 and it was really hard to tell them apart performance wise. I think as someone else suggested, waiting for the Air 3 is the best advice or buying a refurbed Air 2 from Apple when Apple starts selling them.

9. BlakeBrattina macrumors 6502a

I think one of the standout differences would be it's wireless capabilities as well. Again, maybe not to the naked eye in terms of speed but it's "ac" ability is nice to have.

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

Unless money is a concern then get the Air 2. You won't notice much real world performance difference between the two but for $100 difference you may as well get the top of the line device. The 2GB RAM might make a difference with future iOS updates.

11. Azbxcy macrumors newbie

I wanted to purchase an ipad Air 2 as well, i didn't realize the difference before now. However, now i think waiting a little more for the ipad air 3 might be worth it.

12. mrmember macrumors member

Wait for the iPad Air 3 and hope for the best. I just got the iPad Air 2 and am having fits with the 'touch' issues on the screen. They just don't work right. It makes it almost unworkable. If Apple doesn't see this serious problem as important then the next iPad Air won't be any better.

13. lewisbishop45 macrumors newbie

14. Tezzerh macrumors newbie

I don't have an issue with touch on my iPad Air 2 but I find predictive text irritating. I've Switched it off (Settings/Keyboard) but it still comes into play. Any suggestions anyone?

15. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

I recently got an Air 2, and having not ever had an iPad ever before, I love it. I used it out in the wild for the first time yesterday since getting it, and it was a joy to use. I plan on getting an iPhone 6 Plus soon to compliment it, and because I'd like to move back to the Apple ecosystem. The last step would be to get an actual Mac again.

16. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Well I've just upgraded to the air 2 for the original air. I think it was a worthy upgrade but the original air is still a good buy if 32GB it's enough storage.

17. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400