which ipad2 has the best reselling value

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dbmnk, Jun 9, 2011.

1. dbmnk macrumors member

wich model of ipad2 will resell with least loss?

I want to try out an ipad, but if it isn't for me, I'll sell it again.

I'll need 64GB, but won't be needing 3G much
    - but if I'll be selling it again, would it be easier to sell with or without 3G?

2. peterjcat macrumors 6502

Since iPad 2s aren't that scarce any more, the one that will resell with the least loss is the cheapest one.

3. dacapo macrumors 6502

Which reminds me... shouldn't some of the Target and Bestbuy threads be unstickied now?

4. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

really? not scarce its still 1-2 weeks for shipping and cannot find a store near me that has any in stock

5. nstockley macrumors newbie

I've just bought my first iPad, and there's not chance I'll be selling it!

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Generally, the easiest to sell is always going to be the middle of the road / most-popular model. for the ipad2, I'd say that's the 32GB 3G GSM version.

A 64GB 3G is the top of the line and most expensive; smaller number of buyers, likely higher delta between purchase & resale. (or maybe not; tough to predict the future!)

Best bet may be to buy from Walmart, Samclub (if you have membership), or Target. They have the most generous return policies; even if they charge restocking you'd likely be better off than reselling. Plus if you get/use Target's RedCard they knock 5% off the purchase price.

7. dacapo macrumors 6502

really? where are you located? :confused:

where I am in the Boston area, it's pretty easy to locate one. The Apple store seems to have a variety of stock on a daily basis. And Target too.

8. peterjcat macrumors 6502

Yah but the number of buyers is more or less cancelled out by the number of sellers, and since we're still talking about a pretty large number of both I think it's pretty much a wash. You're right about the delta though and of course it's the absolute dollar difference that matters in these situations -- it's better to sell a 16GB WiFi at a 40% loss than a 64GB 3G at a 20% loss.

Good idea on the returning too.

9. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

IMHO, that is going to be the lowest price model, the 16GB WiFi only iPad 2. :eek:

Good luck. :)

10. ani23 macrumors 6502

I picked an ATT 32 GB for 800 yest. thats like 7 bux more than apple store.

have no clue how these guys are making any money.

11. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

im in monmouth county new jersey hazlet to be exact called the 2 apple stores within an hour ride the 3 local best buys, and targets. Some had a 3g model or a 16gb model.

i ordered a 64gb wifi white that should be here soon. but i haveen trying regularly since release

12. xraytech macrumors 68020

A sealed in the box iPad 2. Should get full retail value.

I kid, I kid!!!

Well you said it yourself, you need a WiFi 64GB. So get a WiFi 64GB.