Which Iphone 3GS case is compatible w/ Zagg invisibleshield?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by is300guy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just curbed my Incase slider since it was causing some fine scratches to my iPhone. I recently got the Zagg Invisibleshield on and I like it so far. I need a new case to replace the Incase slider, I loved the Incase but, it kept scratching my iPhone so it's time to move on. I know silicone and rubber cases will fit, but I HATE the feel and texture of those cases. Can anyone recommend or have any experience in which case fits this? I also would like the same feel and look from the Incase slider, but making sure it fits. I was thinking of the Speck Candyshell, what do you guys think or suggest? Thanks in advance guys!

2. V4705 macrumors 6502

i think any not-slider case will fit.

every silicone of course,
    and i know a guy that use a snap-on case with the IS.
    i'm using back skin (only) and it works fine with the candyshell, i dont know how full body skin will do (if it will stretch\move on the phone or something).

3. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I hear you. I'm also using just the back cover for the body, I was not at all impressed with the front cover. Best buy had a demo out and it was displayed with the invisibleshield and I did NOT like it. It made web browsing a bit tougher cause your finger wouldn't glide across smooth. I thought the Candyshell would work, thanks for the input, much appreciated.

4. DukeL macrumors member

DukeL

So far very few cases besides the grippy silicone cases work it seems. These are the only ones I've found that work with a back skin...

-iSkin Solo/Solo Fx(or iskin knockoff)

-Marware Flexishell

-Speck Candyshell

-Griffin Reveal

5. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

What's your opinion on the Switch Easy Capsule Neo guys? I just saw it and it seems like a good case but like all others, has mixed reviews...? I just want a case that is sleek and not bulky. I'm leaning towards the Capsule Neo or the Speck Candyshell.

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Capsule Neo has a bit of pros and cons with respect to color. Both of them will not lay flat due to the logo sticking at the back.

Neo White has one primary con, stains easily (the I-frame)

Neo Black has one common complaint, it cracks on the edges easily (the I-frame)

other than that, if they fixed those, they are really good looking cases. It will protect your bezel from scratches, looks slick IMHO. My black Neo is badly scratched already at the back after serving it's purpose for roughly a year :p

7. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I see. I didn't read where the logo cause a non-flat surface cover so that may be an issue. Man, there never really is a good case out there is there, or a perfect one? Guess I'll just have to take my chances and take the risk. I'll go ahead and get the blk Speck Candyshell.

8. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just came from the apple store and got the Speck Candyshell case. My 1st impression, nice design and clean, but it is a bit bulkier vs my Incase slider, so that may take some time to get used to. I'm still considering the Capsule Neo because I don't like the fact that my chrome bezel is exposed to do more harm than good. Also, does anyone know if both Speck and Capsule Neo are the same in bulkiness? So I'll keep you guys up to date with the progress. So for now, I'll rock the Speck for a few days.

9. DukeL macrumors member

DukeL

But usually the top flat part of the bezel thats exposed will be scratched by the case you cover it up with. The zagg also leaves the flat top part exposed so covering it ususally results in scratches.

As for the neo, never been a fan of the switcheasy cases. I would rather have the speck.

10. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I just want a case that covers the phone well w/out and compromising and not to add bulkiness to the phone as well. I rarely drop my phone so I'm not so worried about protection. I just hate scratches on my 3GS.

11. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

That paper-thin silicone of Neo will protect it from scratches for sure, my 3G was protected for roughly a year or so (now changed to Luxe)

12. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I went ahead and ordered the Capsule Neo online to kill the curiosity. I'll give my impressions on that once I have it.
    I have thought of the iFrog Luxe, but I just wasn't too thrilled for the style of it. But, each to his own I guess.