Which iPhone 4 case should I buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by natekettles, Nov 3, 2010.

?

Which iPhone 4 case is the best?

1. Incipio NGP Case

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Speck CandyShell

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  3. iSkin Solo

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. natekettles macrumors member

natekettles

Hi all,

My iPhone 4 is on its way :D and I want to buy a case for it. I've watched lots of video's on youtube and read some reviews, but I must say, there are so many options to choose from! :confused:

I have narrowed it down to the following three cases. And I would really appreciate your vote and advice on which one to get.

The features that are important to me are: a slim design (must not make my iPhone too bulky), good protection from bumps and small drops, and a nice look and feel.

Here they are:

Incipio NGP Case - http://www.myincipio.com/product/IP...ft-Shell-Case-for-iPhone-4---Matte-Black.html

[​IMG]

Speck CandyShell - http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone/iphone-4/candyshell-1412.html

[​IMG]

iSkin Solo - http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/solo/details.tpl

[​IMG]

Please share your views and pro's and con's on any or all of the cases.

Thanks ;)

2. reeco macrumors regular

reeco

The iSkin I Like.

Check out the gear 4 thin ice case on my youtube channel. Will give you a good idea what the iskin will be like.

:)

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I have the Candyshell and the NGP & if I had to pick from those I would go with the NGP based on what you're looking for. You can pick up the NGP from Walmart as well for $20.

4. natekettles thread starter macrumors member

natekettles

Thanks, I am leaning towards the NGP, however almost all agree that the CandyShell will provide more protection. Could you tell me, does the CandyShell make the iPhone feel very bulky? Like does it make it difficult to hold and use with one hand?

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

It does add a little bulk. I'm still able to hold the phone with one hand though. Do a search for Candyshell and a thread with some pics should come up to help you decide as well. Good luck.

6. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I highly recomend the Incipio NGP with a full body shield from like SGP or something. The case gives you a very good amount of drop protection and the full body shield will prevent scratches and what not. The CandyShell is too bulky in my opinion and I heard that the iSkin isn't of great quality. Also, if you use screen protectors, the iSkin will bubble it like mad.

Here's a great Incipio NGP YouTube review. Incipio NGP TPU Case for iPhone 4

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Hmm.. I currently wouldnt recommend any of your choices for what your looking for. Candyshell is an awesome case but it is a bit bulky IMO. I only use that when I need something quite protective for my phone. I didn't really care for the NGP, went back the next day as it bubbled the heck out of my screen protector. As for the iskin, not to sure about that one, but haven't heard good things about it. Heres a similar case to the iSkin Solo, made by Speck which you can never go wrong with their company's products. Its called the Speck SeeThru, Check it out, Larry Greenberg just did an awesome video review on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sq4hgU8coY

8. luke.2008 macrumors newbie

depends by what you are looking for i have bought the element case and i don't like it very much
    it is not bad but in the hand it feels strange probably too large and there is the problem that only the iphone 4 slim cherger work, so the old car cherger etc doesn't work
    i have bought the gorilla case in carbon and for me it is fantastic, very solid and a wondeful looking

9. Angel baby macrumors member

Angel baby

I like the Candyshell as it provides really good protection, but it would make iphone look like a brick!

10. rhibbs macrumors newbie

I have the same feelings , although I donn't own an iPhone 4 now.:rolleyes:

11. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

i have the incipio and its a great case...but the speck does look cool, but from what i understand, it does show scratches.

12. easygo macrumors newbie

the third one

i think the 3rd one is nicer, it is colorful and protective

13. amymany macrumors member