Which: iPhone 5 @ $100/off or 5c?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Idefix, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Idefix macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 is now $100 off at all Apple Stores. Per the announcement, any newly bought iOS device that can run iOS 7 gets the free Pages, Number, etc, apps.

That makes a new 5 the same price as the 5c.

Unless you like the bright colors (and the larger size and weight) why would you go with the 5c?

Discuss!

2. silvershamrock macrumors member

I need to replace my iP4 which is currently dying a slow and painful death. Prior to the announcement of the new iPhones, I had been planning to get the 5C just because I didn't think my budget would stretch far enough to accommodate a splurge on the most expensive model. But that was while I was assuming there would be a significant price difference between the two models.

But in light of the fact that there's only a $100 price difference, and that $100 gets you a much more advanced phone (64bit processor? better camera? fingerprint sensor?), I don't think I can justify NOT going with the 5S.

IMO, there are times when "splurging" on something is actually cheaper in the long run than trying to save a few bucks.... and I'm thinking the extra hundred bucks for a 5S is one of those times.

JMO ... YMMV. :D

3. bargainsland macrumors newbie

go with iphone 5

iphone 5s looks way better than 5c.Go with 5S since you are also getting $100 off.