Which iPhone 7 features interest you? (Poll)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bodonnell202, Sep 5, 2016.

?

Which rumoured iPhone 7 features are you most excited about?

1. Improved camera/dual-lens camera

58 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. New black color(s)

43 vote(s)
    48.3%
  3. IPX7 water resistance

42 vote(s)
    47.2%
  4. 32 GB base storage

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  5. 256 GB storage option

14 vote(s)
    15.7%
  6. Faster A10 chip

38 vote(s)
    42.7%
  7. Wide color displays

23 vote(s)
    25.8%
  8. Click-less home button with haptic feedback

37 vote(s)
    41.6%
  9. Stereo speakers

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Vote on what you're most excited about. I'm definitely most excited about the water resistance...

2. wxnats macrumors 6502a

For me, the dual lens camera is probably the #1 feature I'm most excited for. The A10 chip will probably be a beast too. I'm excited for Wednesday.

3. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

I think you missed the most important one for me! I'm already at the 64gb price point. If they go to 128gb at that price point I'll be thrilled! So that's the best feature if you ask me!

4. wxnats macrumors 6502a

Your poll got me thinking -- any rumors on increased battery size/life?

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The dual speakers should interesting. Otherwise the color and the A10 Chip.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I went with faster processor as it makes the most difference to me in it's usability.

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

8. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

Definitely a matte black or piano black color for me! I've gone from a black 4, white 5, gold 6, and I am excited to go back to a black iPhone after 4 years!

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Lots lol

Dual lens camera
    256GB storage
    True tone display
    Stereo speakers
    Water resistance

10. bodonnell202 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

That's right! Rumour is that the battery should be larger, but no word on how that will impact battery life...

11. Dave245 macrumors 601

Dual lens camera
    "Piano Black" glossy colour
    256GB option (not sure if i will get it tho might be a little over kill)
    Water RESISTANCE (no phone is fULLY waterproof)
    True tone display
    haptic feedback home button.

I think all of what we have seen leak out, looks good. I know some people are a little annoyed that there wont be a re-design, but I'm happy with the features we have seen leak out so far, i think it may push a lot of people who are still using an iPhone 6 and or 6 Plus to upgrade. I know i will be!

12. Shanghaichica, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016

Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I couldn't care less about it looking different to my 6S plus. Initially the leaks sounded like it wasn't much of an upgrade but the latest leaks make it a worthy upgrade. I think Apple will do a great job of selling the phone at the keynote like they always do.

13. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I don't know what to do with A10 chip my iPhone 6s plus and iPhone SE are blazing fast (both running ios 10 beta) i think the new piano black color and wide color (or true tone)display like 9.7 ipad pro will be fine(if it comes out to be true) :)

14. Dave245 macrumors 601

That was my point, over the last few months people have been complaining on this forum that the iPhone 7 doesn't look any different and that it's not a worthy upgrade "Apple are doomed" "Apple have stopped innovating" "Tim Cook should go" and don't get me wrong, people are entitled to their opinions! I just think most have overreacted far too early, and now it seems like the iPhone 7 will be a great upgrade after all, which i kind of suspected anyway.

15. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

It's sounding like a better upgrade than the 6 plus to 6s plus and I did that upgrade. The 7 plus seems to be a no brainer now.

16. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea, I'm using a 6 Plus at the moment and I'm looking forward to the 7 Plus. I think if the rumours and "leaks" are true then it will be a great upgrade, this one in particular sounds great, being able to record 4K at 60 frames per second, which apparently is not available in any smartphone on the market today, of course it could be that the person in this article is lying.

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/05/viet...recording-at-60-fps-and-rubber-seal-sim-tray/

17. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The new features will likely be a bit buggy, it's a historical fact. Waiting until next year's iPhone 7S will be a very smart move. Just like all other S models that will be the one to have.

18. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

What about optical image stabilization on the 7? Is it going to be found in a smaller phone or must we buy the largest 5.5" screened phone on the market to have it? Many don't / won't carry around such a large, unwieldy behemoth. It's not that 5.5" is the problem; it's that the phone is needlessly large--larger than all other 5.5" screened phones.

19. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Rumors are that regular model(4.7) will also get OIS this time and dual camera only on 5.5 model

20. blaugrana69 macrumors regular

Significant battery upgrade to the 4.7 model is what would tempt me.

21. Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

After having Android phones for the past 6 years I'm finally going to my first iPhone. I will be switching from my Samsung S7. Having an iPhone will better match up with the iPad I bought late last year. I've been smitten with iOS ever since the 9.3 update but I skipped the 6S/SE because the camera hardware was subpar (no OIS and small sensor/aperture). iPhone 7 will correct those flaws, so now I can finally jump aboard the iOS bandwagon.

I'm selling my Samsung S7 and going iPhone.

22. pr0230 Suspended

You did NOT supply a NONE Option...

NONE

23. bodonnell202 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Rumours are pointing to the 7 getting a bigger sensor with optical image stabilization, but only the 7 Plus getting the dual lens camera system which mean the 7 Plus will still have the better camera but the camera in the 7 should be superior to what's in the 6s Plus now.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 6, 2016 ---
    Battery life on my 6s has been decent, but I agree that more is always better right? Rumours are pointing to a larger battery in both the 7 and 7 Plus compared to the 6s/Plus but not significantly larger and we won't really know how that translates into actual battery life given the new features/processor until someone can actually test it. Given that the screen sizes and resolutions are the same and the batteries are (probably) larger I suspect we will see a small increase in battery life.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 6, 2016 ---
    What feature would excite you?

24. enriquesh96 macrumors regular

enriquesh96

I hate that you can only pick one lol. I chose the dual lens camera but i am also excited about the water resistance, new storage options, force touch home button and the new black color :)

25. bodonnell202 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

I didn't limit it to 1 choice... You can select all the new features that you are interested in.