Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Going Android this time

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Well ... It's hard to decide without even know if they are going to release those format :D

I need a portable, one hand operable smartphone, so I think I'll buy the 4.7"

But I'm intrigued with tha phablet, as an opportunity to replace my iPhone AND my little portable tablet (a nexus 7 now).

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
Just a little bit pricey ...

I know. I got the 5c as my first iPhone for $400 on my work line. Then the next month I got the 5s for my personal line. That one was $650. I'd just bought the Note 3 for $800 in December.

I'm waiting until September to get the iPhone 6 and not buying anymore Android phones. I'll likely get one for my personal line first. I'm pretty fond of my 5c on the work line... I might not be so quick to give it up.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I know. I got the 5c as my first iPhone for $400 on my work line. Then the next month I got the 5s for my personal line. That one was $650. I'd just bought the Note 3 for $800 in December.

I'm waiting until September to get the iPhone 6 and not buying anymore Android phones. I'll likely get one for my personal line first. I'm pretty fond of my 5c on the work line... I might not be so quick to give it up.
I can understand you ... I have a 5S as my primary (and private) smartphone, and a Lumia 925 on the work line.
I'd like to replace both my iPhone 5S and my portable tablet (a Nexus 7) with one device, and an iPhone 6 5.5" could fit it.
But there are several occasions when I really need a portable phone, and a phablet is not such a device .... So I'm very undecided about what model to buy.
I'll see them and I'll decide.

easy-peasy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2014
Which iPhone are you buying?
Hopefully keeping my 5s.

I tend to keep my electronics longer than most as I don't like to be wasteful. Hell, I'd still be more than content with my 4s if the power button didn't break. The iPhone 6 simply having a bigger screen wouldn't come close to making me jump.

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
I can understand you ... I have a 5S as my primary (and private) smartphone, and a Lumia 925 on the work line.

I'd like to replace both my iPhone 5S and my portable tablet (a Nexus 7) with one device, and an iPhone 6 5.5" could fit it.

But there are several occasions when I really need a portable phone, and a phablet is not such a device .... So I'm very undecided about what model to buy.

I'll see them and I'll decide.

I've ended up designating my Note 3 to tablet status and no longer use it as a phone at all.

How is the Lumia 925? It's a Windows phone right?

Im sorry, off topic. Just curious.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
The 4.7". Around 4.5-4.8 is the sweet spot right now with phones, not too big but not too small. Any smaller and I don't think it will be as popular. Any bigger, I'm sticking with my iPhone 5 or upgrading to a 5c. :D

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I will have to get my hands on both of them assuming they actually do come out at the same time, but from my experimenting with android phones I would probably be leaning toward the 4.7" screen.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I've ended up designating my Note 3 to tablet status and no longer use it as a phone at all.

How is the Lumia 925? It's a Windows phone right?

Im sorry, off topic. Just curious.
Overall I'm satisfied by my Lumia.
Surely it has pros and cons ... Like every other Nokia, it is larger than similar screen dimensions (it is a 4.5" but it's like to handle a 4.7" handset) and WP 8 has its limits.
However the phone is fast and os is coherent and reliable, the display is gorgeous and WP 8.1 is going to address most of the issues/limits. The camera and related apps are just the best of the market.
At the end of the day, WP is my second choice regarding smartphone ecosystem.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I don't think we will see a Phablet this year but I will have to wait and get my hands on both before making my mind up. I can comfortably fit a 5.5" device in my jean pockets and work shirts so physical size wouldn't be an issue. Just have to get my hands on it. After watching a few videos on my buddies Note 2 I can certainly see myself liking it. I really think only one in the 4.7-5.0 range will be had this year with a phablet coming next year. That would also have the secondary effect of Apple being able to release a redesigned phone every year. iPhone one year and iPhablet the next year along side the respective S models of the other phone.

I definitely buying a new iPhone this year, just a matter of what. My 5 has served well but it's time to move on.