Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TOMIMOT

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Canada
trying to find one as well, all the aluminium ones have reception issues. Since I'm getting a carbon fibre wrap for my iPhone i still want that aluminium style bumper but without any reception issues. Hard to find one these days...any idea what brand that is in the attached pic?

Catcher

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2011
Does the SGP Linear Ex fit over lucky labs spectra wraps on the side of the iphone?

Baggy Spandex

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2009
It's not extremely translucent/clear, but the Desmay keeps the exact design shape of the phone intact.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
i think as far as bumpers the Apple bumper is the best for slim and a touch of protection, the SGP is nice too but i think its a little thicker. If you just looking for a skin then a spectra wrap or something like that would be your best bet.

Just buy a Apple knock off for $3

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
i think as far as bumpers the Apple bumper is the best for slim and a touch of protection, the SGP is nice too but i think its a little thicker. If you just looking for a skin then a spectra wrap or something like that would be your best bet.

Just buy a Apple knock off for $3

Put a wrap on the antenna band or it will get scratched.

pocky

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
San Gabriel Valley
I had the Apple bumper, it looks like absolute crap after a weeks use (white one), and it's "bulky" for someone looking for minimalistic. Picked up a Ultra Case slim bumper, It's really nice for what it is, super slim, no lay on table protection. However, it gets dirty really quick (white again), and the buttons are SUPER hard to push. It really stands out. Chucked that into the drawer.

I just run it naked now. I use rubbing alcohol on it every other week to clean the phone up, looks new like day one.

I like the Desmay case, it's super thin. But I like it with nothing now :D

iTunes-Luv

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
USA
If you do not plan to resell your iPhone, then a naked iPhone is better than any CLOSEST to naked cases because these cases actually do not protect your phone that much. So if you want it slim, let is naked

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.