Which iPhone model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Patron_Saint, Nov 23, 2016.

?

which iPhone?

1. iPhone SE

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. iPhone 6S

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. iPhone 6S Plus

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. iPhone 7

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. iPhone 7 Plus

26 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. Patron_Saint Suspended

currently have a 6s plus that just bit the dust. Looking to buy a new iPhone, outright, today.

If you were in my position, which would you get?

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I don't know what is your situation, but I went from 6S+ to 7+, and was very happy with it.

3. se1000 macrumors 6502

se1000

4. Dieego macrumors member

Went from a 6 to a 7+.

Depends on what you need but the 7+ is the best iPhone so yeah.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd go with the 7+.

Or you could take your 6s+ in and pay for an out of warranty replacement.

6. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

I would downgrade to a 6 Plus. Slimmer, lighter, no stupid Force Touch or whatever they call it.

7. Patron_Saint thread starter Suspended

Needs are general phone use, texting/iMessage, music, browsing, photos. Nothing too spectacular, but I often work from my phone.

Good reception and tethering performance are musts.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

9. jetsam macrumors 6502

I love my 7 Plus, and heartily recommend it. However, if you need the phone today you're not going to be able to get a 7 Plus. If you can live with the smaller size, I'd recommend a 7; otherwise, OOW replacement of your 6S Plus, as previously suggested, is the best idea.

10. newellj macrumors 601

If you like the Plus format, I'd get a 7+. If you're broke and can deal with the smaller size, IMO the SE is a really great value. What I would not do today is buy another 6S/6S+. IMO, too much money for a year-old phone.

11. Patron_Saint thread starter Suspended

My local Best Buy actually has all models of 7+ in stock today, so it's an option.

12. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

and deal with 1gb of ram? bad choice.

13. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

LOL.

My Apple Store has most 7+ models and all carriers in stock.

14. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Wow OP can't you make up your own mind? So sick of these dumb threads.

15. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Not for me. RAM is highly overrated.

Apple likes you, though.

16. Patron_Saint thread starter Suspended

Why be rude? I'm seeking advice to assist in making my decision. Don't like it? Don't read the topic. It's really that simple.

17. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

if you want to believe that then good for you, trying to rationalize your decisions for picking an inferior phone. =)

18. Sakura1210 macrumors newbie

Sakura1210

I come from a 6s to a 7 due to storage (I got the 16Gb 6s and I ran out of space for photos and music, ikr. It was all because my 6 plus died on me last year and I had to get a new phone right away and I didn't have much money so I settled for a 16Gb). Love my 7with the new home button, i don't have to use the assistive touch, and I don't have to be afraid that my home button will break if I press it too frequently

19. Mike5254, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016

Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

I came from 5/5s. Its definitely a huge jump for me. The tech stuff (dual camera, screen size and color display, ease of use, memory capacity, volume and clarity, extra features) and size is the biggest factor. The color, its really up to you.
    Since you're coming from the 6s, others say most are just upgrades. For me, these are 'holy cow, look what my iPhone can do'.
    These thread will help you what others as an iPhone 7/7+ users can suggest. Most members here helped me in my decision making and I'm glad joining this group. What I can suggest is do also your homework in comparing the phone, and try visiting a store so you would see the difference.
    I hope my input will help you in choosing your phone.

20. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

Good day. I wish I can dismiss the part when you said that RAM is highly overrated.
    Just like laptops, desktops, and other tablets, RAM will never be overrated. As a user, operating systems such as ios and their apps will be in constant upgrade. RAM will always be a huge factor. Having said this, that's why my previous devices could barely handle new numerous apps. RAM is used so that apps run smoothly and not lag.
    The more apps you install, the more RAM is needed in the background. The more the system upgrades and more apps we install, the longer our phones will be useful because of the big RAM installed on our phone.

21. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

That's disrespectful. Then don't participate in the thread, besides offering negativity. The OP is seeking feedback and obviously values others opinions. Because.....that's what these are threads are intended for and why opinions matter. But I understand this might be surprising to you.

22. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

This statement is completely wrong. The usage of RAM is nowhere related to the number of apps installed on a device.

23. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

All the phones mentioned by the OP do exactly what they said they required from a phone, in a later post. It's such a sweeping question "which iPhone" when there is no real reason to choose one over another given the uses of the OP, that it's just monotonous to rehash the same thing over and over in threads like this.

24. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

nope, the only thing is the more apps you install the less storage space you have on your phone (16,32,64,128,256gb) Ram doesnt matter for that.

25. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The 6s Might under the iPhone 7, but your also receiving the increased storage in 32 GB and it's a strong contender with the iPhone 7, minus a few features. For the price of the 6s, your still receiving a powerhouse iPhone with the 3.5 Jack. Perhaps the money is worth it.