Other Which iPhone to buy ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdehart78, May 31, 2019.

1. mdehart78 macrumors newbie

mdehart78

I really hate spend $1000 or more on phone but which iPhone should I go for xs max or iPhone 8 plus or something else?

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

3. mdehart78 thread starter macrumors newbie

mdehart78

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Hmm.... vague and specific enough that iPhone XS Max would be your ultimate option. Or the immediate next gen iPhone coming September. For the time being, get a used iPhone 7 Plus or 7 if you really want an iPhone and wait till September and see what Apple will offer.

5. mdehart78 thread starter macrumors newbie

mdehart78

Oh ok I know new iPhone coming soon I'm sure they be $1000 or more .. Probably go with older model

6. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

iPhone 8 has a decent enough camera and A11 to remain relevant for the foreseeable years. They do not cost $1000. Or iPhone XR2, which will less likely cost over $1000 for base model.

7. mdehart78 thread starter macrumors newbie

mdehart78

For cost thinking iPhone 8 plus and whatever I get keep it for least 2 years

8. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

We live in the times where every single bit of information about your options is literally at your fingertips. Have you googled, been to Apple’s website, or watched YouTube reviews? Everything you could want t know about prices, specs, reviews, etc is searchable. Then you could make a well informed decision based on your own personal needs and situation vs asking complete strangers who know nil about you, your wants, needs, finances, etc.

9. mdehart78 thread starter macrumors newbie

mdehart78

Yeah I know and I do watch videos .. plus do ask around what people think

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If You’re not interested in spending $1000, then the iPhone XS is not for you, unless you’re really set on having face ID, the iPhone 8 Plus is probably one of the ‘better buys’, it’s still very capable with it’s processing power, it shares a lot of the similar features the Max has with wireless charging/True tone/stereo speakers/water resistance, etc.

Or, if you want another alternative under the iPhone XS, that would be the XR for $250 less, which is still a great phone, and is highly similar to the XS with all the features shared with the exception of the dual camera/OLED panel and 3D Touch.

11. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Xr definitely has a nice camera but has only one lens. Still, I prefer it to my 8Plus camera with two lenses. The 8Plus makes highlights way too bright to the point of losing details and that’s been corrected on the next generation cameras, like the XR. I’m looking forward to the successor to the Xr to get the zoom lens that is rumored to be added.

If I could use the OLED without getting sick, I would, however, get the successor to the XS or XS Max. But it doesn’t appear you’re considering anything in that price range.

I found my Xr to perform better as a phone than my 8Plus and to have no WiFi connectivity problems compared to my XS Max that I had for a short time. Oh and the stereo speakers on the Xr sound incredible to me when I’m watching movies that benefit from a surround sound effect that it can produce. Not quite as good as on the XS Max, but still great.

8 Plus does have the best LCD display I’ve ever seen on a phone but the Xr display is fine. It’s a trade off, I chose the improvements in the camera and newer modem over the better display on the 8 Plus. I do still own the 8 Plus but it gets borrowed by family members a lot.

12. mdehart78, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019

mdehart78 thread starter macrumors newbie

mdehart78

Thanks for info I appreciate it .. either phone I got 8 plus or xr getting great phone keep it for least 2 years ...xs max it great phone pretty sweet some of my friends have it maybe if I give in go for it Definitely keep long long time before I get new iPhone

13. Tsepz macrumors 68030

Tsepz

iPhone 8 Plus 256GB would probably be a good option for you then, still a great device, with a large display and good camera.

14. cnev3 macrumors 6502

The choice is obvious. XR. Mine was $450 after trading my old 7 plus, and with the $100 extra trade in bonus.

15. MomMom1012 macrumors member

What’s this extra trade in bonus you speak of?

I’m looking to trade my 7 for a XR and the best deal I can find is $200 from Apple. I’m not interested in selling it on eBay or swappa.

16. Wide opeN macrumors 65816

Wide opeN

Future proof yourself. IPhone Xs.

Face ID is really good.