Which iPhone X 'issues' aren't software-fixable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ralfi, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Many are afraid of being the 'crash test dummies' of the iPhone X & hence giving it a miss in the hope it'll be more refined in its next iteration.

The two biggest concerns seem to be the Notch & Face ID.

With the notch, App developers could eliminate it by blackening the ears, hence reducing its intrusion-factor for much of the user experience. Sure it'll be there for the home screen & core Apple Apps, but 3rd parties may think outside the box & kill the ears.

With Face ID, authentication speed/process could be tweaked by the unlocking time being reduced &/or not requiring a swipe up post-unlocking.

What other issues are you concerned with that absolutely can't be fixed via software tweaks?

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I don’t think the notch will be a problem in any app other than video playback.

The Face ID bit is not really an “issue” as such, it behaves as intended. The process of unlocking is a personal preference and I doubt Apple will change the process just because some people don’t like it.

No Touch ID is a problem for me which can’t be fixed with software.

3. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

4. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

The notch won't be going anywhere as Apple has explicitly stated so in it's design rules. Face ID, I am sure, will improve over time as Touch ID did. I watched a video the other day though that makes me very confident that it will perform great, not worried about Face ID at all. Glance at your phone, swipe to unlock (just like the good old days).