Which iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDennis1994, Mar 30, 2016.

1. iDennis1994 macrumors member

iDennis1994

So in june, i can buy a new phone. Going from android to iphone. Should i take the iphone 6s plus, or should i wait in september for the iphone 7?

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

In June it's worth to wait a few more months, unless you really need to switch to another phone right away.

3. iDennis1994 thread starter macrumors member

iDennis1994

Also, the price of a iphone 7 is wayyyyyyyyy higher then a 6. I think i just get the 6. Price is going to be such a big difference. :p

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

5. mildocjr macrumors 65816

In my opinion the only phones worth getting are the "s" models. look at the track record starting with the iPhone 3G, it was replaced with the 3GS which became one of the best selling devices. Then we move on to the 4 which had antenna-gate problems. The 4S fixed those issues and became a best seller. The 5 came out and had it's issues, revamped by the 5S which is still used by a lot of people and introduced Touch ID. The 6 was good and added Apple Pay, but the 6S added 3D touch.

If I were you I'd get the 6S plus on a upgrade plan, if you like the features of the iPhone 7 just swap it out. If you like buying your devices outright I'd say get the 6S as the 7 might have unforeseen issues and the 7S will fix those issues, perhaps add functionality that you'll wish you had.

Short of the long, non "s" models are usually a design update, "s" models add new functionality and improve performance and battery life.

6. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

yep, and if you don't mind a used phone, you can get a used iPhone 6 from swappa.com (depending on your country).

if price wasn't an option, I'd say wait till the iPhone 7. if you're going to do a carrier subsidy anyway (or 2-year contract) it won't be much of a difference to wait till the iPhone 7. If buying outright, 6 is cheaper now and will be even cheaper when the 7 comes out (at least on used phone websites, I'm curious if Apple will still be selling a new iPhone 6 when the 7 comes out).

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Wait until September/October and then get a 6(S) for cheaper from Swappa.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have to disagree.

Currently, I have the 'S' model but this is only because of circumstance last year. Normally, I am on the numbered upgrade path.

I understand the argument that the 'S' model is usually a refinement of the current style, but the reason I prefer the numbered path is precisely because the style changes.

Unless you have a Rose Gold 6s if you put a 6 down next to a 6s of the same color it's impossible to tell who has the numbered model or the 'S' model.

Later this year though, when my wife and I get the 7, if we were to put our 7's down on the table next to your 'S' model phone how easily do you think people would be able to tell who has the earlier model iPhone? And later when the 7s comes out, who is to know I don't have a 7s?

Also, we keep our phones for two or more years so the numbered model path works for us because the style changes when we are ready to replace phones.

Yeah, I'm tech shallow that way but I, unlike a lot of people here, buy my phones more because of their looks and less because of their features.

9. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

I would wait the couple of months to see what the newly announced hardware will be. You don't wanna lock yourself into a phone only to see something in the next couple of months that you really want.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2016 ---
    In my opinion, the only phones worth getting are the ones that start with 'iPhone'. :D

10. mildocjr macrumors 65816

No worries, I used to do the same thing but it got too costly between buying the design to show off and getting the S model for improvements, so I opted for the S model as they've had a tendency to "out-live" their predecessor in total iOS upgrade versions, that way if something went awry financially I know I'm still good on my phone for a long while. Decent run-on sentence there for the grammar nazis.

11. Ortiz7983 macrumors 6502

In my opinion, I think it's worth it to get every new iPhone that comes out every year. Well, obviously if you have the money but still, I love getting a new iPhone every year.

12. cableguy84 macrumors 6502a

cableguy84

The A9 is arguably still the best ARM processor in the world nearly 7 months later. So i would get the 6s/6s plus. If you can wait get the 7