Which iPhones have you owned?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Jun 14, 2010.

?

Which iPhones have you owned?

1. iPhone 4 (If you plan on buying)

85.5%
  2. iPhone 3GS

61.4%
  3. iPhone 3G

86.7%
  4. iPhone (2007)

56.6%
  1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Three years ago, no consumer had touched an iPhone, and 99% of people never saw one in person. Flash forward to now, as we anxiously await for the 4th iPhone, who would of known the major success Apple would have, and the creation of the App store, and many other things. From a business point of you, it's simply amazing what Apple has accomplished.

It's become a habit for me (and many others) to upgrade every year. I'm fortunate enough to have the ability to write iPhone reviews every year, and even if I didn't have to upgrade every year, I probably still would.

So when did it start for you?

2. Built macrumors 68020

Summer of 2007...iPhone 1st gen 8GB
    December 2008...iPhone 3G 16GB
    June 24th...iPhone 4 32GB

3. creeman macrumors 6502

Bought the first gen iPhone off of ebay for a cool $400 shipped. It was the 8GB. Have upgraded every year since, and whats great about this iPhone is that you can resell it for as much if not more than what you bought it for. Which is what I have been doing. So technically, I've only bought one iPhone, and then used the money received from selling it to buy the new ones! :D

4. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

This is the same thing I do, and I'm sure many others have caught on to this as well. It's great. :)

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

All of 'em. My least favorite was definitely my 3G.

6. kovalchuk71 macrumors 6502

7. omizzle macrumors regular

8. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    The 3G felt kinda slow so I held off on buying it in hopes of something faster coming out. I bought a 3GS a few weeks after it came out.

9. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Trivia: What were the 2 things you couldn't do at once on the original iPhone (the early firmwares), and the end result would be a crash?

Fast forward 3 years later, and it's unheard of! :D

10. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I have owned them all, except for the original. I really wish I had bought the first one, because it's always cool if you collect these phones through the years you can look back over time and see how they have changed. That is why I do not sell my iphone's when I buy the new one. I plan to hold onto to them for my collection. I don't know if anyone else does that. But I find it neat.
    3G 8GB
    3GS 32GB
    I plan to order iphone 4 32GB white in color. That is if everything goes according to plan.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

June 29, 2007: the original iPhone. Drove 180 miles round trip to get it, it was fun and worth it. A great experience, and the phone was so amazing. I kept the box and the bag, still smile when I see them and remember walking past some other cellphone provider's kiosk in the mall that afternoon. The two guys there were just glumly watching us all parade past with the black iphone boxes in the special bags.

2008 skipped it.

2009 got a refurb 3GS late in the fall. I love the phone, don't like the curved shiny back but it's in an Incase anyway so whatever.

2010... countdown to decision time... possibly going to cave in and upgrade my 2nd line (non-iphone by the month at the moment, eligible for the discounted upgrade to iPhone 4). Trying to resist!

12. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Bought the original iphone July 2007. Went down to check out the 3G the first weekend of its release and winded up waiting in line 4 hours for one. When the 3GS came out I went and checked it out but I didn't think it was that much of an upgrade so I didn't get it. I will be pre ordering the iphone 4 some where tomorrow.

13. actorkid macrumors 6502

was it loading a page on safari and receiving a call?

14. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

The original iPhone
    The iPhone 3G
    And next week, the iPhone 4!

15. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

I've got the same plan.

16. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

17. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230