Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hi, I'm stuck between the iPod Nano and the iPod touch. I love how small the Nano is and I can put it in my pocket and not notice it there. :D

I like though how on my iPod touch how you can surf the web, check mail etc, really cool! But the touch might be a bit big in my pocket :(

What's you opinion?

Yojiirill

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Illinois
Personally, I think you should save your money and go with the Nano. If you're mainly gonna use it for music, you'll realize that it's much more intuitive to tap the click wheel when it's still in your pocket than to have to get out the touch screen and mess with it to change tracks.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Personally, I think you should save your money and go with the Nano. If you're mainly gonna use it for music, you'll realize that it's much more intuitive to tap the click wheel when it's still in your pocket than to have to get out the touch screen and mess with it to change tracks.

I completely agree with you. I used to have an ipod classic. I just could press next and play and pause and such, without getting out of my pants pockets.

That ofcourse wasn't possible with ipod touch I bought about a month ago. It annoyed me so much I went to buy the in-ear-canal (cause I wanted in-ear-canal earbuds, not the lousy ones you get with your ipod) headphones from apple. With one click I can set it to pause, 2 clicks next, 3 clicks back. The only thing I can't do is fastforward through a song, only next. But I can adjust the volume (which you can't with the ipod classic, at least not when you want to control from outside of your pants, except when you buy the remote).

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Listen man, I have an iPhone (even "bigger" than the touch - at least thicker, where it matters) and I sometimes get scared and wonder if I left it somewhere, only to figure out that it's in my pocket and I forgot it was there, as I didn't feel it there.

Trust me, the thing is a ghost. The iPod touch is even thinner, so even better.

JCP21

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2009
i have the touch, and love it! I highly recommend it
signature_apple-12.jpg

Sheeds

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
Ottawa
I know it might sound stupid, but it took me awhile to figure out that if you double click the home button media controls will pop up over anything (if music is playing). Super useful, even before swiping to unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.