Which iPod to use in mini cooper?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DIABLOW, Jun 20, 2010.

1. DIABLOW macrumors member

Which iPod version compatible to use with iPod interface in a mini cooper 2002-2006?

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

any ipod with an audio jack?

or does it use usb?

3. DIABLOW thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I mean to use with OEM ipod interface in a 2005 Mini cooper. I think OEM ipod interface 2002-2006 mini cooper doesn't come with USB.

4. androiphone macrumors 65816

any classic or nano should work 100%, the ipod touch or iphone should work but dont quote me 100%

for a car I think i would go for a nano or classic depending how much music you listen to also if it doesnt have integrated controls with the car a nano or classic would be far less dangerous to change tracks than a touch.

5. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

You may have to get a power converter for the dock cable if you use a newer iPod. Chances are it charges via the FireWire connections, and not over USB.

Basically the newer iPods don't support the old chargers, and you can opt into getting an adapter, Griffin Technology has one .

My current Gen iPod touch works great with my Harman Kardon iPod kit, probably the same framework that you'd be using.

Griffin has discontinued the adapter but if you need one use 'ipod firewire usb converter' in your google and you'll come across some from third parties or other possible solutions. If you don't need it to charge, then you're fine as is. Just play in the car and charge at night.