Which Ipod Touch for Sleep Cycle App? V2, V3 or V4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Philflow, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Philflow macrumors 65816

I want to buy an Ipod Touch for the application "Sleep cycle"

Is there any benefit in getting the V4?
    Or will it work exactly the same on a V2 8GB?

Thanks in advance.

2. funwithamar macrumors regular

v4 wont have and benefit over v2 for that app, but i can bet u'll regret not buying the v4, i knw i would :p

3. Philflow thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok thanks.

Is there any issue with the display not turning off? I read something about that.

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I have a Touch 4g, and no issues with the display. The 4g is head and shoulders above the 2.

But did you read the reviews of that app?

Kinda reminds me of what my dad used to tell me when I was a teenager -- if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

5. Philflow, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

Philflow thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes I've read a lot of reviews.

Except from the two people on the front page, most reviews are very positive.

The overall rating is 4.5 stars.

Edit: I see three people now claiming it's fake...

"The application is FAKE. If you place the phone on for instance a table over night instead it still shows statistics depicting a persons sleep. SO unless my apartment is haunted by ghosts I do not think the table moves around by itself.

Read more: http://www.148apps.com/reviews/sleep-cycle-alarm-clock/#ixzz1JVKIgBEv

I like most of us was intrigued my the technology, data and potential for feeling better in the morning. The problem is, this app is SNAKE OIL....it's a lie. When placed on a table far away from you it will create a nice movement graph as if you have gone through sleep cycles all night. It will also awaken you at a random time. And this is based on WHAT?

I loved this app for a while until I discovered its a huge joke... I left my phone far away from me on the floor as well as on a dresser two nights in a row and magically I have a sleep cycle graph! Don't waste your money.

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/sleep-cycle-alarm-clock/id320606217?mt=8#