Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AstroHuskie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello everyone,

I am considering buying an ipod touch. I'm not sure if I should buy the 2nd gen. 32gb. ipod touch or the 3rd gen. 32gb. ipod touch. Are there any big differences? Please help me out.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
The new iPod touch has a faster processor and improved graphics capabilities. It supports Voice Control and Voice-Over, and contains accessibility features for people with visual and hearing impairments. It is packaged with the Apple Earphones with Remote Control & Mic and iPhone OS 3.1.2 firmware, which also are sold separately for the second generation touch.

If any of the above features are important to you, then I would recommend purchasing the new iPod touch. If you are concerned with the price, or you can live without the exclusive features of the new iPod touch, then save your money and find a discounted second generation touch. They are very similar and both are very capable devices, so you can't go wrong with either choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.