Which iPod will you buy?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by samk8000, Sep 3, 2010.

?

Which iPod are you going to buy out of the new selection?

1. iPod Shuffle

17 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. iPod Nano

32 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. iPod classic

18 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. iPod touch

25 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. None, I hate them/already have a previous generation one

13 vote(s)
    12.0%
  6. None, they are too expensive

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. samk8000 macrumors regular

samk8000

Most likely you have seen the new iPods, which one do you see yourself buying?

2. Benni-chan macrumors newbie

3. 314631 macrumors 6502a

1x iPod Touch 64gb
    1x iPod Nano 16gb
    1x iPod Shuffle

I'm not interested in the classic.

4. samk8000 thread starter macrumors regular

samk8000

I agree, the classic is just too much. I don't have that much music and would only use it to backup my computer.:)

5. jim9112 macrumors newbie

Just bought a classic to replace my 3rd gen 40gig iPod..........very happy

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The classic is getting more votes than I expected.

I have a 5th Gen nano that's almost a year old. I've had no problems but you never know when these things go to ****. I'll get a classic to replace it.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm buying the Touch to replace my first gen model.... :)

8. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I'm getting the 32gb itouch. I recently sold my 8gb second gen version. Can't wait :)

9. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

10. samk8000 thread starter macrumors regular

samk8000

I'm getting the new iPod shuffle for skiing, I'm surprised that it got more votes than the iPod touch and almost as much as the nano.

11. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

I bought the touch 32Gb. It seemed to be the best bang for the buck. I'll keep it until the iphone 4 comes out in another carrier.

12. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I just bought a new Classic last week (so in that respect it's almost good it didn't get updated)

Wouldn't touch any of the rest of them with a barge pole. I'll buy an old gen refurbished nano if the mini I still use for the gym dies.

13. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Nano Poll Surprise

I'm a bit surprised by the demand of the new Nano. It is growing on me everyday that I look at it on the website. I definitely have to give a try when I can play with it when it's available at the Apple Store. I do feel very tempted to get the new iPod Touch. It had a great update from the previous generation.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

15. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

My first iPod was THE first iPod, the 5GB brick. I've only had a 40GB 3rd generation with the light up red buttons, and then my 2nd generation 8GB Black Nano since then. My wife has the same Nano in Red. But I've had 3 iPhones too so my need for a true iPod has gone away. My Nano stays in our 2 year old's room in a mini speaker so we can play music for him at bedtime and my wife uses her Nano for everything from running to audiobooks. I suspect I'll get us each the new Nano to replace ours. The size and clip on functionality make the sale.

16. felt. macrumors 6502a

getting a touch for the girlfriend so we can facetime ;)

17. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

The 64GB touch. Then perhaps the iSpot from Clear since my area has 4G coverage. Sure I could get an iPhone but I might wait till there is a CMDA one, if that ever happens. :rolleyes:

18. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

If the price goes down on the nano....iWatch hear I come:D

Personally I feel the new nano is too expensive, the last nano had a bigger screen a camera and video playback. They lower the price to like 60,70 dollars then I will maby get it as an iwatch

19. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I'm thinking my next purchase will be a Classic. I have been buying Nanos ever since the second generation but I have an iPhone that I use for my casual listening and a few old nanos that I use for the gym. I may eventually get a Shuffle as well.

20. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Odd that the nano is getting so much hate from people and yet it's the one leading the votes right now.

Oh, and I'm getting a new nano. But that's cause my mom decided to be ultra generous and buy me one (I just got a fifth gen a few months ago and on my budget I really couldn't justify going out and buying another one. I was just going to comfort myself with the fact mine did video even though I never use video and the new nano pretty much sacrificed stuff I never used and won't miss for stuff I was jealous about the shuffle. And the nano kept stuff I didn't use but still wanted my ipod to do like the pedometer and FM. For some reason I don't use the radio but I would have been upset if they took it out of the new one. And the pedometer I haven't used much yet but I suspect I will).

Though I will admit I plan on using the new one for a while and deciding then which one I like better (I suspect it will be new but with such a small size on the touch screen I could see it being too awkward but I suspect it won't be. And I want to make sure I won't care about video function but I don't see why I would, I have an iphone 4 and I've never used my ipod for video... the times I use my ipod that would be too awkward. I'm walking my dog and I don't want to take out my ipod and mess with it to get to video function).

And I'm not in love with the clickwheel (I just wanted physical buttons which the remote will do great for me). Honestly, the third gen's clickwheel was fine, but the fifth gen's is so small it's really hard to pick specific stuff with it. For when you are actually looking at the item, touch screen is far superior to clickwheel (only thing clickwheel has advantage is using when you're not looking).

21. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

It's always like that. I work in an ER where adminstration is VERY big on the numbers (as far as surveys and patient satisfaction go). They chastise us for having low patient satisfaction scores yet we make more money and have the highest volume than any hospital around. Scores are biased. It's the people who are not happy with their visit that complain. People who are highly pissed or aggrevated are definitely going to take the survey and complain, but the ones who have a nice visit and feel that they were treated well generally aren't going to think twice about it.

It's the same with the iPods. The complainer are going to whine and stand out while the majority of people who are excited about the new iPods are just going to order the product and enjoy it and never post a thing about it.

22. tigress666 macrumors 68040

There's gotta be some one like me though who also comes here to post excitement about some new thing they're excited about getting (I'll fully admit, I'm pretty bad about being loud about my complaints. But I think when I'm excited about something I am just as loud, heh).

23. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I'll probably get an iPod touch sometime soon, but not right away, I want to see it first before I buy it. :)

24. brentsg macrumors 68030

I will likely replace my old 160GB classic (in car use) with a new 160GB classic and also pick up a new 16GB Nano (everything else use).

I've already got an iPhone and iPad but the onboard space is a bit limited for adding music too, and I don't want to fuss with streaming.. thus the Nano. I was hoping to see a Classic refresh but oh well.

25. Alvesang macrumors regular

Alvesang

I'm getting a new shuffle (orange) and nano (red). I was thinking about upgrading my 3rd generation touch as well, but since there was no memory upgrade and I use my iPad for apps and internet way more often than my touch, I'm skipping this years touch and hope for more memory next year. At least, that's gonna be another year loving my classic for its memory. ;)