Which is a better iPhone 5 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nhlfreak98, Apr 16, 2013.

1. nhlfreak98 macrumors 6502

Hi I have a white iphone 5 and don't know which case is good. It's either between the Diztronic TPU case in black or the Speck Pickelskin Hd. Anyone have these cases? I used to have an otterbox commuter and I put the screen protecter on that came with the otterbox and I want a case with a nice lip on it and that doesn't bubble up the screen protecter. Which one of these cases is good? Thanks

2. lbros360 macrumors member

In my opinion, the speck case. I haven't tried out the Diztronic but I have tried the speck before and I really liked it. It adds really nice grip and looks good in general. My brother and I both have otterbox defenders and I love it. It is the reverse of the commuter: plastic on inside and rubber on outside. Provides great protection and grip!

Attached Files:

3. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

I like the otterbox don't get me wrong but I think it's too bulky to carry in and out of my pocket. And I'm not a clumsy person

4. lbros360 macrumors member

With experience from a speck pixel skin on my iphone 4s, I think you will enjoy it :)

5. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have heard that the edges are Kind of sharp

6. lbros360 macrumors member

On reviews I read before purchasing the case, some have stated that the edges were sharp. I went to the apple store because they sold the pixel skin cases there, and my case had no sharp edges. I guess it could have been a bad manufacturing batch, or luck of the draw really on whether the case would come flawless or with problems.

7. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does it lift the screen protecter?

----------

Because I have a front an back screen protecter on. I also heard that it the phone is loose inside of it

8. lbros360 macrumors member

I have a zagg case friendly screen protector installed so I don't know if your screen protector would lift. However, it never lifted my screen protector. As far as the fitting go, the case was quite snug. Remember it, is tpu/silicone so its definitely not as tight/ snug as a plastic shell.

9. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the screen protecter that came with the otterbox on and did you have this case on your 5 or 4?

10. lbros360 macrumors member

Had it on my 4s. I am almost certain the otterbox screen protector will work because I'm sure they made it case friendly to work with the commuter so it should work with any other case.

11. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ill see because I am going to buy the case from eBay because the only close apple store to me is like an hour away

12. lbros360 macrumors member

Why don't you buy from speck website? There are a lot of fake specks on amazon and ebay.

13. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do any other stores sell it? Like bestbuy target or Walmart maybe even Meier

14. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

BestBuy sells Speck.

I had a Commuter with a Zagg HD and never had any issues with the shield. My wife in fact still has this combination.

15. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

So do you recommend the speck?

16. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

They're nice cases and have a lot of options. Cases basically boil down to what you are after... Style, substance or both with the latter being a compromise on the substance, IMO.

I currently have a Draco Meteor Black, Body Guardz Style Cut Carbon Fiber and Body Guardz Pure, all black on a white i5.

17. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does the speck pixel skin have a lay on the table design because I really like that design. Can you post some picture of your case if you can
    Thanks!

18. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

Little bit.

I can do that tomorrow.

19. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thank you and do u have the pixelskin?

20. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Diztronic all the way. After buying tons of cases, it's been my daily use since i purchased it. Perfect balance between protection and size.

21. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would like that case buy I doesnt have a nice enough lip on it

22. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

for what? laying facedown? it has plenty of lip to do so, even though i discourage it.

23. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I like the big lip because I lay my phone down face down when I charge it at night

24. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Just go naked I gave up in cases ! Looks much better without a case ! Enjoy all the hard work from the engineer who design the phone ;)

25. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I would love to! Lol but I don't wanna scratch it and stuff