Which is a good phone for OSX? (not iPhone)

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I'm looking to get a phone that will play nice with OSX. Esp. iCal and contacts. The iPhone is not out here and even when it arrives will be way too expensive for me. I've always found nokia to have a clean UI, so would lean that way. But I'm not sure about the "N" series – too much for my needs. I'm looking for something that'll sync to my mac over USB (I've no bluetooth).

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I have a Razr v3t that works very well with iSync.

I have found that Samsung phones don't use the protocol necessary for iSync.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Look at Apple's Leopard iSync Page: www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/.

I don't know about the phones that sync with Tiger, but it seems Leopard doesn't sync with as many.

Other phones, I don't know if they work. I am also looking for a phone that plays nice with Tiger and Leopard. :)

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Most Nokia Series60 and E series phones play nice with OS X in my experience. Actually, most Symbian phones seem to sync under OS X...

Pearlseo

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2007
hey go for N series. Even I can suggest u N73,Best in nseries. You ll enjoy it's functions. Go ahead dude for N73 fully compatible with USB also.

I'm looking to get a phone that will play nice with OSX. Esp. iCal and contacts. The iPhone is not out here and even when it arrives will be way too expensive for me. I've always found nokia to have a clean UI, so would lean that way. But I'm not sure about the "N" series – too much for my needs. I'm looking for something that'll sync to my mac over USB (I've no bluetooth).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.