which is a must have?

IllTakeAnApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
San Antonio, Tx
im going to be buying a apple next month and was wondering should i get a imac for speed and then a ibook at a lower price when it drops or should i get a ibook and then when the price of the imac drops purchase one?

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I'd go for the iMac first. It is likely that the laptops will go Intel before the iMac, so you're better off waiting for the new iBook to appear sometime next year.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
powermac666 said:
I'd go for the iMac first. It is likely that the laptops will go Intel before the iMac, so you're better off waiting for the new iBook to appear sometime next year.

Ya thats a good call!

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
powermac666 said:
makes perfect sense!!

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
IllTakeAnApple said:
im going to be buying a apple next month and was wondering should i get a imac for speed and then a ibook at a lower price when it drops or should i get a ibook and then when the price of the imac drops purchase one?
Well I debated the same thing and went with the iBook because I need the portability. I will by an iMac maybe next year after I have money and when the intels come out.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Get iMac first, then iBook, unless you really NEED portability.

Yay! Its my 555th post here! :D

EDIT!!! Oops double post :eek: sorry... Any way to delete my previous post??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.