Which is best: Salesforce+Google Apps or MobileMe?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by unregbaron, Jul 4, 2008.

1. unregbaron macrumors regular

A colleague and I work separately but increasingly need to keep aware of sales and production processes.

Is Salesforce+Google Apps much better at this than anything MobileMe can offer? I like the idea that we can both see correspondence with a particular client and that it's tied in with email.

A supplementary question - using Entourage now, can I import everything from there into Gmail?

Thanks for any thoughts.

2. operator207 macrumors 6502

It sounds like all you really need is imap, both looking at one account, or maybe shared folders in imap between 2 separate users. If email is your only concern, this would be fairly easy to come across with a hosting account. Its probably more than you would need though, but would be only you and your business partner on one server.

However for your actual question, is SalesForce and Google App actually integrated yet? I see articles about how they WILL make a great setup, but nothing that says they are together. Also www.salesforce.com which seems to be the site for SalesForce, is showing a default Apache page. I did not research this too far, and I would never have a need for this setup, so I may be missing something.

3. unregbaron thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Operator, I found the details here on SF: http://www.salesforce.com/products/google/apps/

I will investigate the IMAP thing - and maybe just see how things go with MobileMe before jumping in with SF which does seem a bit overblown.