Which is better? Element Case 007 or AR15-V?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MCube74, Nov 22, 2010.

1. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

2. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

3. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

That's like picking the tallest midget, they both kill reception.

But personally of all the ones I bought and sold the AR-15 was the one I really wished worked. The finish was awesome and it looked really stealthy on the phone.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

^This.

5. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

I got the frost but out of this two, I'll go with the silver as it provides a better contrast with your phone.

6. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am in Hong Kong and I have already tried 3 Element Cases and none of them have given me any problems with signal.

I am currently using the AR15-V case however someone has offered to change my AR15-V for a Vapor 007. Do you think it is worth it or I am better of with AR15-V?

Going for Vapor 007 will give me a change and yes it will give a contrast look.

I am currently using the SGP Carbon skin at the back of the phone.

Initially I started using the black and red Element case and make my phone look like a limited "Ferrari Edition".

Then I tried the Black and Blue which didn't make much of a difference from the back and red. Black and Red looked niced because I had the "Ferrari" in mind.

Now I am using the AR15-V which make the phone look completely back but the feel of the phone is nice.

I always wanted to get the Vapor 007 but since it is so limited in quantity the price was always very high to get one. Now I am getting an offer to change the AR15-V for the Vapor 007,

Just wanted to check if anyone has tried both so that I can get some personal opinion on this.

I must say that I have had no signal problems in Hong Kong. I have always managed to get about 3 or 4 signal bars most of the time. Except when I am in an elavator (My apartment is on the 35th floor) where the singal drops to 1 bar or at times singal is lost but soon as I reach the ground floor the signal is back to 3 or 4 bars.

7. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Go with what you like best. Personally, I would never consider the AR as it's simply too blend. Paying a premium to add black on black makes little sense to me. But if you you like to keep your phone low profile, I suppose it does its job quite well.

I too have no issue with reception from using my case here in Brisbane. Att must be really bad.

8. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, the AR15-V does make the phone all black but the feel of the phone is nice.

I have always been tempted to get the Vapor 007 and now I am getting the chance. Though some people don't like it so much. That is why I wanted to get some personal opinion on which oe is better.

9. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I love my AR15. Feels awesome. Has a matte style, metal finish. It honestly feels like the receiver from my M4. It is easy to grip, picks up no oil or fingerprints, and just looks extremely stealth. Like part of the phone.

Also, the text on the side actually looks pretty cool to me.

In all though, it is personal preference. For me, I hate the shiney look of the 007 (not that it is bad but just my preference).

There are enough pictures on here that should give you a decent idea of what each will look like.

10. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I have an original silver/silver and love it. I've been temped to get a 007 because of the hand textured finish, a step up from silver/silver anodized.

I like a case that's obviously metal and contrasts the black of the phone. the AR15 could be mistaken, by people who don't know, for a plastic case. People who like the black gun look will like the AR15. I like that look but not on a phone.

11. yankintx macrumors 6502

Bought a few....sold them all due to gps and signal issues. In my opinion, the frost cases and ar=15 are plain ugly.

12. rust0r macrumors member

13. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Signal problem is there with Element Cases in Hong Kong. I have used my iPhone in USA and the signal strength is normally weaker than in Hong Kong.

So this is why with the Element Case the problem is worse in USA and not so bad in Hong Kong. The Signal Strength is normally at 3 to 4 bars in HK.

Yes, there are some stock from China which are fake but most of the people including myself are buying these cases from the auctions which are the stock from USA.

The fake cases are selling for US $50.00 here. lol

I only want the limited edition models.

14. KrakaJap macrumors member

How exactly would it degrade the signal? There is padding on the inside of the case that prevents it from shorting the "antennagate" spot. Or is it just the signal having to pass through another layer of metal? The official bumper from Apple still promotes some signal loss but it's nothing too severe. If the element cases only degrade that much then I don't see a problem with it.

15. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I finally switched my AR15-V for the Vapor 007 and I am very glad I did so.

My phone looks better and it is getting alot of attention from my friends when I use my phone.

The AR15-V had a better feel when I held the phone but it made my phone look all black.

The Vapor 007 give a nice contrast look to the phone and it even looks special.

Later today, I will post pictures of all Element cases I have used.

None of them gave me any signal problem. If anything I had seen a drop to 3 bars but that was the case with any other iPhone 4 case I used as well. So no big deal.

16. Big Ben macrumors newbie

Does Hong Kong get 5 bars everywhere? I normally have 2-5 bars and the element made my phone go to searching most of the time and 1-2 if I was lucky.

17. seanlzq macrumors newbie

18. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

or picking the shortest giant...:rolleyes:

19. Crusader macrumors member

I just purchased a M4-V Limited here in Hong Kong. All I can find are AR15V model on the net, even on Element site. Different model name in the US?
    Btw, I still get 5 bars and so far no problem with BT (in Hong Kong, of cos).

20. wattsja macrumors regular

Why does a midget kill your reception??

:p

21. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

lets see some pics

22. Crusader macrumors member

The best pic I can get so far... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]