Which is better to do?..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macnator, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Macnator macrumors 6502

Hey.. I was wondering if it is good for the battery of my Macbook to have the MagSafe charger plugged in most of the time.... or should I just remove the battery and just have the MagSafe plugged in? Im usually close enough for it to be plugged in. I heard somewhere that the MagSafe cannot provide the needed power to the Macbook.>?:confused:

thanks.

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Leave it in. Your battery's days are numbered. Taking it out just underpowers your laptop while the battery dies on your desk instead.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i keep my macbook plugged in 99% of the time. the only time i don't have it plugged in to the magsafe is when im at the library or doing something with it not in my room. ive had macbook for about 7 months and have gone through 84 cycles with the battery still at 100%

4. Baba Ganoush macrumors member

Just leave it plugged in, the battery doesnt charge unless it is under 95% anyway.

5. GeneKam macrumors regular

74 cycles? i have had my mac for month and a half and i am at 46 cycles :O, wow this is bad for my battery

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Laptop batteries - any laptop battery, Apple or otherwise - are consumable, wearable parts. If you use it a lot, it'll wear out faster. Fact of life. Replacements are available when it no longer hold sufficient charge to satisfy you. And there are 3rd party MacBook batteries with higher capacity and lower price than Apple's.